Maids in Chiang Mai - suggestions needed

dirkjones

On 3/28/2017 at 11:57 PM, sharktooth said:

My bed sheets get changed once a year, whether they need it or not...

I throw mine against the wall. If they don't stick they're clean enough.

(I think it was Billy Connolly who said it - but he was talking about underpants)

4 hours ago, evenstevens said:

come on cobber,   the above comment,    is not a  assumption,   by you ????,     LOL,LOL   .if not ,.  then   its  a good dose ,  of chinese whispers,

see that your original  number   of 400 to 500 baht a day,,  is now convientley  put aside,

and 300 baht plus,  a day,  is your new call !!!!   LOL LOL,

its a Chelsea F.C good nite to all

It would help if you could feed your comments into Google translate before posting them.

45 minutes ago, Dipterocarp said:

If you live in a condo there are maids there who clean the common areas.

Same will clean your room in the afternoon for extra charge.

Exactly...100 THB for 90 minutes of real work..will clean a studio enough to eat off the floor.  Let the laundry service do your clothes..or buy wrinkle free shirts and a load a week will do for twenty THB .  Rig a clothesline...not hard.  Use smaller towels and try not to fart liquid.  Oh..bring Tide pods from the US..Good clothes are expensive here...the GFs can't be trusted with what would be 2000 THB shirts here.  A three pack of Calvin Klein underwear is about 2800 THB here.

Edited by KhonKaenKowboy

Just now, KhonKaenKowboy said:

Exactly...100 THB for 90 minutes of real work..will clean a studio enough to eat off the floor.  Let the laundry service do your clothes..or buy wrinkle free shirts and a load a week will do for twenty THB.  Rig a clothesline...not hard.  Use smaller towels and try not to fart liquid.  Oh..bring Tide pods from the US...

8 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Just because you pay your maid the minimum wage of 300 THB,and feel good about it,

don't assume that all maids would work for that ,as i know for a fact that is not the case.

and trying to defend your situation with LOL,LOL, is immature,400-500 THB is not put aside

I stand by what I say, so you think all maids work for 300 THB ??,or do you just assume

because your maid does,that they all do, you need to widen your horizons,what happens

in Mae Rim,does not mean that its the same in all of Chiang Mai.but that might be a stretch

for you to comprehend .

regards worgeordie

at the risk of repeating myself , your rates  are based  on assumptions.  made,  from Second Hand Informatiom,

whilst mine are the the real deal,( 300 baht) and as i posted late y/day,if anyone wants to pay Your  400 to 500 baht a day for a cleaner/ maid, no skin off my nose,whats so ever, but from my actual experiences it is over the odds, but if any cleaner/,maid  can get it, good luck to them, do hope the latter , now makes you happy

BTW

at no time has  E/S tried to defend my situation, no need to ,  my old shelia pays 300 baht a day for a cleaner/maid  , and thats Fact

perhaps other employers may pay more in the Maerim district ,and on the other hand, they may pay less, i have just gave the O/P our honest experiences

many  years  ago ,  during my build  , i  learnt  very quickly , ( the  hard way,)  not to trust second hand information,   or assumptions ,  particular from Farungs

and  BTW Maerim , is no small rural country town these days,  and   labour prices now fall in line with the city,   just my take   from actual expereinces

a very good morning to all

50 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

at the risk of repeating myself , your rates  are based  on assumptions.  made,  from Second Hand Informatiom,

whilst mine are the the real deal,( 300 baht) and as i posted late y/day,if anyone wants to pay Your  400 to 500 baht a day for a cleaner/ maid, no skin off my nose,whats so ever, but from my actual experiences it is over the odds, but if any cleaner/,maid  can get it, good luck to them, do hope the latter , now makes you happy

BTW

at no time has  E/S tried to defend my situation, no need to ,  my old shelia pays 300 baht a day for a cleaner/maid  , and thats Fact

perhaps other employers may pay more in the Maerim district ,and on the other hand, they may pay less, i have just gave the O/P our honest experiences

many  years  ago ,  during my build  , i  learnt  very quickly , ( the  hard way,)  not to trust second hand information,   or assumptions ,  particular from Farungs

and  BTW Maerim , is no small rural country town these days,  and   labour prices now fall in line with the city,   just my take   from actual expereinces

a very good morning to all

An old Australian saying (that I just made up), A Galah cannot debate with a Wombat,

been from Oz ,my old Cobber you know all about Wombats,they are not the sharpest

of Marsupials,   You keep repeating what YOU pay Your maid, and 300 THB is no longer  

the norm, 400-500 THB is what is the going rate,I know one maid personally ,she gets 400 THB

per day,one house pays her 500 THB for half a day,and they are not Farang,  

I also think you would get a clip around your ear if your good wife knew you were calling her an OLD Sheila,

Take it easy E/S, the Grand National is coming up,that will keep you busy, 

Regards  Worgeordie

Edited by worgeordie
add on

11 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

, 400-500 THB is what is the going rate,I know one maid personally ,she gets 400 THB

per day,one house pays her 500 THB for half a day,and they are not Farang,

in our discussion, you have changed your views again  ,

, after 6  of your posts ,    you come  right out of the blue,  stating   you know one maid ,   PERSONALLY,     cobber  find that amazingly hard to beleive   for such a late call,  and her rates , given to you are  Second Hand Info,   trust at your own peril

Over and Out , nice late morning to all

On 3/29/2017 at 4:15 PM, Thailand said:

If you are going to live in a condo chances are quite a few people will be employing part timers in the building.

Put a note on the board or ask the staff, chances are you will find someone with reasonable recommendations from existing employers.

This is by far and away the best solution.  Cleaning a condo the size you mention is likely only a half day's work and you'll be hard put to find anyone reliable interested in coming just for your place.  Two condos at three or four hundred each is a decent proposition for a cleaner and someone who has other customers in the building known to you has a more vested interest in doing a good job and staying honest and reliable.  You may be tempted to pay more but tipping well on the appropriate holidays seems more appreciated for some reason.

2 hours ago, evenstevens said:

in our discussion, you have changed your views again  ,

, after 6  of your posts ,    you come  right out of the blue,  stating   you know one maid ,   PERSONALLY,     cobber  find that amazingly hard to beleive   for such a late call,  and her rates , given to you are  Second Hand Info,   trust at your own peril

Over and Out , nice late morning to all

E/S its very difficult to debate with you,as it's all about you ,what YOU pay YOUR maid,

but you dont seem to be able to realise that other people will be paying more than you.

you must have your blinkers on, I feel it will be amazingly hard for you to believe anything

Today is Friday 31 March,am I lying. ?          Sorry for saying you are a Wombat,as you really

see yourself as a horse.

giddy up ,regards Worgeordie

Edited by worgeordie
correction

There is only one thing I want to say and maybe it makes you think. These people cleaning your condo's or houses - it makes a big difference for them if you pay 500 or 300 THB. So why not give them 500, it is still very little compared to other countries. Live and let live :)

20 hours ago, Trujillo said:

I have lived in Thailand 11 years and have never had a maid. I have a washing machine, and a mop and cleaning supplies.

Same same , lived here for 6 years and we always clean the room .  A washing machine is easy to use these days and the clothes dry on the balcony within 2-3 hours. Using a mop on the floor is something everyone should have learned at home . It takes 10 minutes and good exercise too. 

Edited by balo

1 hour ago, balo said:

Same same , lived here for 6 years and we always clean the room .  A washing machine is easy to use these days and the clothes dry on the balcony within 2-3 hours. Using a mop on the floor is something everyone should have learned at home . It takes 10 minutes and good exercise too. 

We had a maid. 1507430.GIF

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

E/S its very difficult to debate with you,as it's all about you ,what YOU pay YOUR maid,

but you dont seem to be able to realise that other people will be paying more than you.

you must have your blinkers on, I feel it will be amazingly hard for you to believe anything

Today is Friday 31 March,am I lying. ?          Sorry for saying you are a Wombat,as you really

see yourself as a horse.

giddy up ,regards Worgeordie

thks for the above,  have a nice day, or whats left of it