Homeschool Thailand Requirements

No inspectors will come to see what you are doing. However the child must be registered at a school where he must take exams each year.

The main problem will be that you will constantly be told that home schooling is not possible, googling Bangkok post + home schooling will get you some results.proving otherwise. Did you use the search function on TV? There is a group in Chiang Mai and another in Bangkok.

• 2 weeks later...

Talked to a Thai homeschool coordinator who does report to the MOE. Their group is inspected twice a year. If following a curriculum outside of Thailand, no need to report though. They also don't need to register with any school from Thailand's end of things.

22 hours ago, ubonrthai said:

Talked to a Thai homeschool coordinator who does report to the MOE. Their group is inspected twice a year. If following a curriculum outside of Thailand, no need to report though. They also don't need to register with any school from Thailand's end of things.

I'm not sure about that, I believe that children must take exams (and this is a good idea if they intend to go on for further education in Thailand) and this means they have to be registered at a school.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest StephenB

I know this topic is a few months past. To the OP, are you doing long distance learning from a place that sends you the material and is online classroom, or strictly you choose the books and topics? I am interested in the former.

I have two abroad now attending public school, but wish to long distance learn from back here in Thailand. I can't seem to find much info on it though.

22 hours ago, StephenB said:

I know this topic is a few months past. To the OP, are you doing long distance learning from a place that sends you the material and is online classroom, or strictly you choose the books and topics? I am interested in the former.

I have two abroad now attending public school, but wish to long distance learn from back here in Thailand. I can't seem to find much info on it though.

Here is Wolsey Hall Oxford distance learning College in the UK, my children attend its courses from Thailand, I teach them.  Courses are IGSCE and A-Level cambridge qualifications from 7 years ( Key Stage 2 ) up.

Archived