Jump to content

Arkansas defends unprecedented bid to execute eight in 10 days


webfact

Recommended Posts

Arkansas defends unprecedented bid to execute eight in 10 days

 

Eight inmates due to be put to death over 10 days next month in Arkansas are making last-ditch bids to halt the unprecedented flurry of executions.

 

Lawyers for the prisoners say the "assembly-line" of four double lethal injections is unconstitutional.

 

Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson last month ordered the death row inmates to be killed before the state's execution drugs expire.

 

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39437482

 
bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2017-03-30
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Lawyers for the prisoners say the "assembly-line" of four double lethal injections is unconstitutional.

assembly line was invented by Henry Ford in 1913

the US constitution was drafted in 1776

I am sure some lawyers can twist "the spirit of the constitution" to be against "the concept of an assembly-line style executions". I am also sure that some other lawyers can untwist it. But I am most sure that both set of lawyers will gain something from twisting and untwisting

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All right Arkansas ,go for it.These axxholes have been costing the stte too long.Hey Texas do you see this? You better start executing more yourself or Arkansas will beat you this year..If you run out of drugs then"Get A Rope".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, sanukjim said:

All right Arkansas ,go for it.These axxholes have been costing the stte too long.Hey Texas do you see this? You better start executing more yourself or Arkansas will beat you this year..If you run out of drugs then"Get A Rope".

It usually costs the taxpayer more to sentence people to death than to just imprison them for life. The trial costs more. More likely to have many appeals and it costs more to house death row inmates. It would be more economical to shut them away for life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, kamahele said:

It usually costs the taxpayer more to sentence people to death than to just imprison them for life. The trial costs more. More likely to have many appeals and it costs more to house death row inmates. It would be more economical to shut them away for life.

Bull Shxt.The trail cost is the same to find them guilty then the sentencing trail is separate with the judge handing down the sentence.So far the cost is the same. .Now he is in prison costing the tax payer every day. with the average annual cost per inmate at $24391.Lets say that after all his appeals run there course he has been there 20 years at a cost of $487,820.if he is not executed now then stays for another 30 years ,he will cost an additional $731,730.An execution cost a hell of a lot less then the additional $731,000. Your statement is hearsay  and bad informational that is repeated by ignorant people that do not know how to reference the facts. Stay with the things that you actually may know about and quit repeating the ignorance of others..

Edited by sanukjim
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, sanukjim said:

Bull Shxt.The trail cost is the same to find them guilty then the sentencing trail is separate with the judge handing down the sentence.So far the cost is the same. .Now he is in prison costing the tax payer every day. with the average annual cost per inmate at $24391.Lets say that after all his appeals run there course he has been there 20 years at a cost of $487,820.if he is not executed now then stays for another 30 years ,he will cost an additional $731,730.An execution cost a hell of a lot less then the additional $731,000. Your statement is hearsay  and bad informational that is repeated by ignorant people that do not know how to reference the facts. Stay with the things that you actually may know about and quit repeating the ignorance of others..

Look at e.g. http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/costs-death-penalty, http://deathpenalty.procon.org/view.answers.php?questionID=001000 and https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/2014/05/01/considering-the-death-penalty-your-tax-dollars-at-work/#c6a678664b3d Looks like you're the one sprouting BS, at best for your point of view a draw which is being very, very generous.

Edited by stevenl
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The trials cost the same, but it costs more to house D-R inmates

and the costs of appeals, guards for transport, overnight costs of

county jails/detention centers. The costs do add up fast over some

one that stays in house all the time.

rice555  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, stevenl said:


Why? It is more expensive and has been proven to not be a deterrent.

sent using Tapatalk
 

It's been an effective deterrent for those executed - none of them have murdered again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

Neither will they if put away for life.

 

sent using Tapatalk

 

 

 

Why won't they?

 

People have served a "life" sentence and killed again after release.

 

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/lists/living/10-twisted-murderers-who-were-freed-then-killed-again/

 

Even if you mean a genuine life sentence, they can murder again in prison.

 

http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0306624X9604000302

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why won't they?
 
People have served a "life" sentence and killed again after release.
 
http://www.monstersandcritics.com/lists/living/10-twisted-murderers-who-were-freed-then-killed-again/
 
Even if you mean a genuine life sentence, they can murder again in prison.
 
http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0306624X9604000302

Why? Because they're put away for life. Please read.
Yes, they could kill in prison, I'm sure that happens once in a blue moon, but so what? The protection for the general population, one of the goals of prison sentences, is still achieved.

sent using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Loss of life through terror or the killing of Police, Forces, Emergency personel does it for me. Shooting or Hanging are probably the most efficient but the most heinous could perhaps make themselves useful as targets during live firing excersises by the above groups. Child killers too.

 

Please save the 'what if' s for a separate thread.

 

Edited by evadgib
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, stevenl said:


Why? Because they're put away for life. Please read.
Yes, they could kill in prison, I'm sure that happens once in a blue moon, but so what? The protection for the general population, one of the goals of prison sentences, is still achieved.

sent using Tapatalk
 

I did read. You stated that murderers won't kill again if put away for life. You're wrong, as you admit.

 

I'll just add this:

 

 htttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Silverstein

 

The families of Officers Clutts and Hoffman would think your "So what?" pretty callous, as would the famillies of the more than 30 offficers killed by inmates this century in the U.S.A. alone. These were men and woman just trying to pay their mortgages and put their kids through college whilst working at the sharp end in the "Protection for the general population".

 

  I wouldn't like to guess at the number of people murdered by  killers in prison worldwide.

I'm pretty sure it's more than once in a blue moon.  

NMTA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did read. You stated that murderers won't kill again if put away for life. You're wrong, as you admit.
 
I'll just add this:
 
 htttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Silverstein
 
The families of Officers Clutts and Hoffman would think your "So what?" pretty callous, as would the famillies of the more than 30 offficers killed by inmates this century in the U.S.A. alone. These were men and woman just trying to pay their mortgages and put their kids through college whilst working at the sharp end in the "Protection for the general population".
 
  I wouldn't like to guess at the number of people murdered by  killers in prison worldwide.
I'm pretty sure it's more than once in a blue moon.  
NMTA

30 officers killed by inmates this century in the USA? Have a source for that?

sent using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/30/2017 at 11:41 AM, stevenl said:

So you are stating that it cost over $700,000 dollars for the state of Arkansas  to exicute a prisoner.WOW that must me some expensive drugs.Quit  reading those liberal reports from the bleeding hearts. "Figures don't lie ,but liars can figure"  and that what they are doing .Do the math yourself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, sanukjim said:

So you are stating that it cost over $700,000 dollars for the state of Arkansas  to exicute a prisoner.WOW that must me some expensive drugs.Quit  reading those liberal reports from the bleeding hearts. "Figures don't lie ,but liars can figure"  and that what they are doing .Do the math yourself.

I am stating your bullshit claim is nonsense. I have sources for that, you have nothing but your claim. Come with some sources and we can discuss, but without those, this is useless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.






×
×
  • Create New...