Man held over cannabis farm in Cambodia

geovalin

Nearly 100 marijuana plants have been confiscated by police in Pailin province. Ry Dara, the deputy police chief of Sala Krao district, said officers arrested 54-year-old Meal Pun for cultivating the illegal herb.

Some of the plants had already been dried by Mr. Pun, who said he grew them for personal use, not to sell. Mr. Dara yesterday told Khmer Times that his officers had seized 89 marijuana plants, two smoking pipes and a long paring knife and cutting board used to prepare cannabis.

“We collected the paraphernalia and plants as evidence. We do not know if he is lying about growing the marijuana for personal use or if he intended to sell it,” said Mr. Dara, adding the suspect’s actions were illegal either way. Som Pun, the deputy provincial police chief, said the suspect had been sent to his office and will appear in court once the relevant paperwork is complete. Last month, police destroyed 25,409 marijuana plants in Takeo province’s Kirivong district. No one was arrested.

read more http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/37047/man-held-over-cannabis-farm/

khmer_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khmer Times 30/03

100 plants. Personal use. Cooking oil, hemp to make clothing and rope, and

of course a little for recreational use. The problem is police/government officials

have no sense of humour. They turn a blind eye to there own corruption

but for this guy. I shudder to think.

9 hours ago, BsBs said:

People arresting ganja growers really have no life !

The headlines are missleading I think. I wish that I was held over a cannabis farm."I promise not to smoke too much while I am there sir".