Lounge Access

Int'l departures on 4-th floor. Lounges on 3-rd floor. Can I clear Immigration and then go down one floor to lounge, chill, go back up to departure gate without having to clear Immigration again ?

BKK website gives no info

Thanks

BKK terminal map shows departures on 4-th floor. Or is that just the walkway ?  I remember that you need to go down some stairs to the actual departure lounges. Is this what you mean ? Never used Bangkok Flight Services before so unsure. Thanks

All the gates are accessed after going down one level from the shopping/eating level 4.  The first thing at each gate entrance is a ramp down another level so the actual gate itself is on level 2.  The lounges and gate entrances are on level 3.

No you definitely cannot reach the airline lounges after clearing immigration without going back through immigration. They are all located in the departures levels and you cannot reach those from the arrivals level unless you are transiting on an international connection and have an ongoing ticket. 

You also need a departure flight boarding pass to enter the lounges, so even if you could access them, you would not be allowed in. 

If you have a domestic connection, you will be able to use the Thai Airways domestic lounge, but it is usually so crowded and the food choice so bad, I just tend to avoid it. 

Edited by bubba

29 minutes ago, bubba said:

No you definitely cannot reach the airline lounges after clearing immigration without going back through immigration. They are all located in the departures levels and you cannot reach those from the arrivals level unless you are transiting on an international connection and have an ongoing ticket. 

You also need a departure flight boarding pass to enter the lounges, so even if you could access them, you would not be allowed in. 

If you have a domestic connection, you will be able to use the Thai Airways domestic lounge, but it is usually so crowded and the food choice so bad, I just tend to avoid it. 

why would travelers lounges be before immigration, which is immediately after check in

Edited by steve187

I'm really sorry but I I misunderstood Canthai's question. I was thinking of accessing the lounges on arrival, after clearing immigration.

As others have already stated, all the airline lounges are accessible after you clear departure immigration, before you go to your departure gate.

Ooops

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app