Pattaya-based native English speaking coach required, familiar with IELTS A1 English test for UK spousal visa.

Mobi

Hi guys,

As the title states, Ia m looking for someone who can give my wife one-to-one coaching to pass her IELTS A1 English test (speaking and listening only) for her UK settlement visa.

Her English is not at all bad, but I don't think she can pass the test without some further one-to-one coaching. She has already had 10 lessons with an American teacher but unfortunately, he was teaching her the wrong stuff, so it is important that I find someone who is up to date with the current requirements which are available on the British Council website. Ideally, I need someone who has had experience of this A1 requirement.

Alternatively, can anyone recommend an English school in Pattaya who is familiar with this?

One school taught her they wrong stuff and another prominent English school doesn't do it anymore despite splashing claims all over their website that they do.   I wonder why?

I found another school that seems to know about this test but I am now a bit scared off these schools and don't want to throw good money after bad.

In case you are wondering, I am also trying to teach her every day, but it does get rather fraught – very difficult for a husband to teach a wife.

Any volunteers or advice would be appreciated. I will pay the going rate, provided is not too extortionate…

Thanks

Mobi

Archived