Thai woman ‘out of danger’ in South Korean hospital

webfact

Thai woman ‘out of danger’ in South Korean hospital
By Chompis Pinmuang
The Nation

c2280583524aaee0eb9e8efd261a3008-sld.jpe

BANGKOK: -- A young Thai woman who fell into a coma and was hospitalised during her trip to South Korea is now out of danger.

Raphiphon Nasaan, 25, however remains on a respirator and is unconscious at a South Korean hospital. Her medical bill between March 23 and 29 has soared to more than Bt1.2 million. 

Her father, Thirapong Nasaan, has flown to South Korea to stay with her and to sign agreements to pay the medical expenses. 

“Her brain scan shows most of her brain is fine. She should be able to wake up,” her mother, Bang-orn Nasaan, said. 

Speaking from her home province of Kalasin, she said her family would try to transfer Raphiphon back to Thailand as soon as possible, because medical cost was higher in South Korea. 

Kalasin Governor Nattapat Suwanprateep said a private hospital had offered to help with the transfer. 

“In addition, the Foreign Affairs Ministry has a fund to help Thais who have fallen into trouble overseas,” he added. 

Thai Airways International also offered Raphipon, her family members, and a medical team, free flights from Seoul to Bangkok.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30310838

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-03-31

“In addition, the Foreign Affairs Ministry has a fund to help Thais who have fallen into trouble overseas,” he added. 

Thai Airways International also offered Raphipon, her family members, and a medical team, free flights from Seoul to Bangkok.

Hats off to this if this not just some kind of PR gag.

I have seen once an obviously homeless guy in the embassy of my home country (tier 1 country) in Bangkok who asked to get an emergency passport for free so he can receive money by western union. In the end he got his emergency document but an employee of the embassy went with him together to Western Union to collect the fee on demand. 

Edited by SoFarAndNear

4 hours ago, sanukjim said:

She is definitely in less danger in a Korean hospital then if she was brought here to be in a local hospital.

A Thai Govenment hospital diagnosed my lukimia last year in 4 hours. I flew back to England and was hospitalised. They took a week to confirm it. Don't knock Thai hospitals. They are not all bad.

38 minutes ago, SoFarAndNear said:

Hats off to this if this not just some kind of PR gag.

I think it's true enough – I have often noticed in news-stories that Thai government is helping citizens abroad, when in trouble...