Courier (mail) Much Cheaper Than Ems

topfield

I wanted to send a document to UK. Price of EMS at Post Office Baht 900.

Checked the courier services. One Co in Bangkok called Airborne will even collect your letter . Cost Baht 650 .

How many people know that courier is much much cheaper than the Post Office ? I for one did not !

Edited by topfield

I wanted to send a document to UK. Price of EMS at Post Office Baht 900.

Checked the courier services. One Co in Bangkok called Airborne will even collect your letter . Cost Baht 650 .

How many people know that courier is much much cheaper than the Post Office ? I for one did not !

I don't know about courier services, but I regularly use Thai EMS to send documents to the US and it costs me 600 baht. I have found Thai EMS to be quite reliable.

i send stuff to the US every now and then, and i find EMS is useless...sending via regular 'airmail' arrives at approx the same time (+-2 days) than EMS...oh, and EMS doesnt provide tracking, like they claim.

sent something by sea once, and it took about 4 weeks...not to bad

Check Fedex and UPS etc on the web they all compare favourably to EMS rip off and are not Thai!.

Only problem with FedEx and UPS is that most of the things I've sent have been intercepted by customs and charged hefty import taxes, whereas EMS post hasn't been intercepted and has passed through customs at no extra charge for the recipient :o