Here is a list on which papers you need for Retirement extension in Phuket Immigration.

nasa123

4 hours ago, Coconut Kidd said:

I'll assume you mean to say "new passport" ?

Kidd

The previous extension copies are only required if the do a new consecutive extension.

When you do the first extension after the NOn-O visa issuing it is not required as mentioned by Jimi007

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, merijn said:

The previous extension copies are only required if the do a new consecutive extension.

When you do the first extension after the NOn-O visa issuing it is not required as mentioned by Jimi007

This is more of a response to Coconut Kid, but I didn't quote him, sorry Merijn.

A new passport is a whole different thing. The US Embassy and their outreach program is very helpful! If you are a US citizen you can now get a passport renewal by mail. Download the form online, fill it out, enclose photos, your old passport, and a bank issued check for the renewal and another for the return EMS postage. They also include a letter to Thai Immigration, asking politely to transfer your existing visa extension to your new passport. I did it about 7 years ago and there are no charges by Thai Immigration. My transfer to my new passport was even done by the same senior officer who sat outside and gossiped with my wife while the other officer stamped my paperwork today. I guess it's good to be known as a cheap ass, they never hit me up for a tip anymore! I never paid one even when he did!

Edited by Jimi007

I went back today about 1:30 PM to pickup my passport. The nice young woman handed to me and I said thank you, everyone was very nice polite! I was then off to get a copy of it for my re-entry permit. The volunteer checked my paperwork and I obviously needed to sign my fresh copy of my one year extension, all other documents printed and signed at home. She gave me a number and I sat for quite a while until it was called. It really wasn't nearly as crowded as I've seen, but it took a bit over an hour to get it stamped, collect the fee and give it back with the receipt. 

I was pointing out to my wife, that her Thai passport is only 1,000 Baht for five years, I paid 1,900 for one year plus the $80 US for my O visa to enter on and be able to "easily" change it to a one year O-A extension.  Another 1000 Baht for a single re-entry permit. All in all though it's way cheaper than getting her 10 year US resident card. But now she can get citizenship in the US, I couldn't do that in Thailand without giving up my US citizenship from what I've read. Oh well, life goes on and I've jumped through all the hoops yet again.

On 4/25/2017 at 2:52 PM, Jimi007 said:

So it's yet another form that isn't listed in the OP's post that my landlord has to sign as well? So now I will have pick it up drive it back to Rawai for my landlord to sign? This is getting a bit stupid... I guess they did away with the form asking you about your use of social media and were you frequent. I found the acknowledgement of conditions form online, it wasn't listed in the OP either! Here: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/form_acknow_con2stay.pdf

I have to do my extension in the next week, I'll report back when I get it. Did you have to come back the next day to pick up your passport still or do they sign it while you wait? Then I need a re-entry permit after I get my extension. More fun at immigration every year. It used to be so easy, one trip and maybe an hour and you left with your passport.

Is this link for the STM. 2 form that has been mentioned in this thread?

The Thai Immigration Forms Download page has a TM. 2 and a TM. 2/1 available for download but I doubt they are the forms Phuket Immigration would want for a retirement extention.  And I don't see an STM. 2 form on that page.

On 5/6/2017 at 2:54 PM, Pakaty said:

Is this link for the STM. 2 form that has been mentioned in this thread?

The Thai Immigration Forms Download page has a TM. 2 and a TM. 2/1 available for download but I doubt they are the forms Phuket Immigration would want for a retirement extention.  And I don't see an STM. 2 form on that page.

This is the form link:  http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/form_acknow_con2stay.pdf It's not the TM 2 or TM 2/1

1 hour ago, Jimi007 said:

This is the form link:  http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/form_acknow_con2stay.pdf It's not the TM 2 or TM 2/1

This is very helpful. Thank you.

I have been here nearly 9 years although only 3 years on retirement extension. The changes each year are...??? bewildering.

This thread is very much appreciated, and I hope to contribute soon as my extension is due next month.

Kidd

Edited by Coconut Kidd

Can someone give recommendation for how I best arrange the picture they want of me in front of a gated condominium? The gate have the address number on it but not the main building! Will it be sufficient with a picture of myself in front of the gate which have both address number and the condominium name on it and can I take a photo with phone camera, download to my computer and print it out?

I see there are some more forms to be filled, what is STM2? Any more changes from last year?

Thanks

Felt

Take a couple of pics to tie in the gate and the building. I gave them several. Yes, use your phone camera and print it on A4. Best to use colour as they have told someone else that's what they want.

There is a link in the post above yours for the form you're asking about.

4 hours ago, Felt 35 said:

Can someone give recommendation for how I best arrange the picture they want of me in front of a gated condominium? The gate have the address number on it but not the main building! Will it be sufficient with a picture of myself in front of the gate which have both address number and the condominium name on it and can I take a photo with phone camera, download to my computer and print it out?

I see there are some more forms to be filled, what is STM2? Any more changes from last year?

Thanks

Felt

I printed a single 4"X6" image on an A4 standard piece of copy paper, in color. I don't know if they care, but as Old Croc said we had read that's what they wanted. My wife took the photo just showing my face and the house number above it. They want copies of your last three visa extensions, unless you  have a new O visa, which I did. Everything else is the same. TM7, financial information, etc.  Here the link again for the STM; 2 Also a copy of the house registration slip in your passport from last year, unless you have moved of course, then you'll need a new one.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/form_acknow_con2stay.pdf

Edited by Jimi007
Forgot to mention the house registration copy.

1 hour ago, Felt 35 said:

Thanks to both of you for very valuable information:smile:

You're welcome! One other thing I just remembered is that I printed a map with my house location. The officer took that and put with my photo of my face and house number. 

BEWARE THE TIT-HEAD OUTSIDE ROOM 103.

Yesterday, went to do my annual extension for retirement.

Went to room 103 with a file with all necessary paperwork. Before I could enter the room, the old I/O guy told me to sit down outside and then continued to chat with his agent buddies. After ten minutes of this, I stood up and told him I wanted the yearly extension. He took my passport and started telling me what pages needed photo-copying. Brought out the binder and showed him. He didn't bother looking at it but, just jabbed at the pages which he wanted photocopies of plus the other paperwork. After 30 minutes, he finally gave me a number and I was allowed in to room 103.

Went very quickly and I was out in 20 minutes with the instruction to come back the next day at 13:00 to pick it up.

Decided to go to room 101 to ask a volunteer what paperwork I would need for the re-entry permit, but, one look at the queue snaking out of the room, thought I'd just ask the old boy outside room 103.

He said that all I would need was a photo and no paperwork was needed. Course, turning up today, the volunteers told me otherwise.

Wasted time filling in a form and getting photocopies that could all have been prepared before-hand.

Told all this to the volunteer who asked me who gave me this info. When I said, they rolled their eyes. 

Don't believe this bloke. I think he's been stuck out of the way by his fellow officers for a reason. Useless would be OK, but, he is actually detrimental to the whole process. Tosser!

BEWARE THE TIT-HEAD OUTSIDE ROOM 103.

Yesterday, went to do my annual extension for retirement.
Went to room 103 with a file with all necessary paperwork. Before I could enter the room, the old I/O guy told me to sit down outside and then continued to chat with his agent buddies. After ten minutes of this, I stood up and told him I wanted the yearly extension. He took my passport and started telling me what pages needed photo-copying. Brought out the binder and showed him. He didn't bother looking at it but, just jabbed at the pages which he wanted photocopies of plus the other paperwork. After 30 minutes, he finally gave me a number and I was allowed in to room 103.
Went very quickly and I was out in 20 minutes with the instruction to come back the next day at 13:00 to pick it up.
Decided to go to room 101 to ask a volunteer what paperwork I would need for the re-entry permit, but, one look at the queue snaking out of the room, thought I'd just ask the old boy outside room 103.
He said that all I would need was a photo and no paperwork was needed. Course, turning up today, the volunteers told me otherwise.
Wasted time filling in a form and getting photocopies that could all have been prepared before-hand.
Told all this to the volunteer who asked me who gave me this info. When I said, they rolled their eyes. 

Don't believe this bloke. I think he's been stuck out of the way by his fellow officers for a reason. Useless would be OK, but, he is actually detrimental to the whole process. Tosser!

Was the immigration officer the skinny guy? He mostly only deals with agents these days. He can be pretty unhelpful at times. I've known him for many years, he likes me and my wife. So no issues. I asked on the visa page on TV what copies I needed for the re-entry. I just had to make a copy of my new extension, I had everything else copied and filled out. At least we're done with it until they change the rules again before we go again next year!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

57 minutes ago, Jimi007 said:

Was the immigration officer the skinny guy? He mostly only deals with agents these days. He can be pretty unhelpful at times. I've known him for many years, he likes me and my wife. So no issues. I asked on the visa page on TV what copies I needed for the re-entry. I just had to make a copy of my new extension, I had everything else copied and filled out. At least we're done with it until they change the rules again before we go again next year!

Copies of new extension, TM7 arrival form and passport info page. Filled out TM8 form with photo.

This was the first year that I did the extension myself, instead of using an agent, thus my ignorance.

Yes, sounds like the guy. Yup. All done with for a year..........feels good. So, so glad that my extension doesn't come up in high season.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/17/2017 at 4:44 PM, Jimi007 said:

Yes that's him, has recommended to me to use a agent for years, lots of extra money for them, i just ignore him and his advice, not paying 8k tea money thru someone i know who supplies this service to foriegners

First time i went there many years ago for my first extension he wanted 3k baht to process it and i got him down to 1k

I call him the bag man, disappeared from customer service for a few years, now he is back hassling people again 

13 hours ago, madmax2 said:

Yes that's him, has recommended to me to use a agent for years, lots of extra money for them, i just ignore him and his advice, not paying 8k tea money thru someone i know who supplies this service to foriegners

First time i went there many years ago for my first extension he wanted 3k baht to process it and i got him down to 1k

I call him the bag man, disappeared from customer service for a few years, now he is back hassling people again 

Amusing. I never gave him a Satang in the past 10 years. Now he never bugs me. If he waits on me, he just stamps everything in a few minutes. Last year he had a stack of passports in front of him, the guy who was helping me told me where to sit while he was checking the computer on me. The skinny guy moved over and started to help me, then said where's your passport? I said he has it checking it. Go get it. The other officer got annoyed and told me to go sit down. Skinny guy said give me his passport! He got it and stamped it, go get your photo, see you tomorrow. I used to joke with him a lot and ask about his daughter, so we are kind of friends at this point. This year when I went he came out right away and said hi to me, wiped off some seats that were wet for me to sit and had the kid run out and check my paperwork. He sat outside and chatted with my wife while the other officer stamped my passport. I was there for less than 15 minutes. 

Today in addition to the OP: Map to my house, TM2, copy of ATM card (front only), used re-entry permit, and copy of extension/original visa transfer stamp to new passport. I had copies of all, so no delay.

I arrived at 9:58, the slim guy was out front, he was very cordial, checked my paperwork, sat down inside at 10:00 (I was the only person there), out at 10:12.

Kidd

11 hours ago, Coconut Kidd said:

Today in addition to the OP: Map to my house, TM2, copy of ATM card (front only), used re-entry permit, and copy of extension/original visa transfer stamp to new passport. I had copies of all, so no delay.

I arrived at 9:58, the slim guy was out front, he was very cordial, checked my paperwork, sat down inside at 10:00 (I was the only person there), out at 10:12.

Kidd

If you show up with all the correct paperwork, it's easy.  You knew what was required and made his job easy. Just stamp everything, go sit over there and get your photo taken. It's not that hard, other than every year they come up with another stupid form we never heard of, unless we all keep this thread up to date. I would have had no clue about the photo in front of my house, the map or the new TSM 2 form without this local forum. 

Thanks to all who contributed! 

On May 15, 2017 at 9:28 PM, Jimi007 said:

Here the link again for the STM; 2 Also a copy of the house registration slip in your passport from last year, unless you have moved of course, then you'll need a new one.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/form_acknow_con2stay.pdf

I printed the form on this link and, when I submitted it two days ago, they rejected it and told me it was the old version. They gave me a new one to sign.

Maybe someone has a link for the new version?

1 hour ago, macahoom said:

I printed the form on this link and, when I submitted it two days ago, they rejected it and told me it was the old version. They gave me a new one to sign.

Maybe someone has a link for the new version?

I found the correct, up to date STM2. (Sor Tor Mor 2.):

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/form_acknow_con2stay.pdf

14 hours ago, macahoom said:

I found the correct, up to date STM2. (Sor Tor Mor 2.):

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/form_acknow_con2stay.pdf

That's crazy! I just got my one year extension on 27 April and they've already changed the form. It's not much of a change, but they wouldn't accept the "old" one. It's also odd that they are both dated November, 2004 and it looks as though they are the same IP address. Oh well. Thanks for the latest!

5 hours ago, Jimi007 said:

That's crazy! I just got my one year extension on 27 April and they've already changed the form. It's not much of a change, but they wouldn't accept the "old" one. It's also odd that they are both dated November, 2004 and it looks as though they are the same IP address. Oh well. Thanks for the latest!

Even crazier, I used the "old" form Thursday and the accepted it.

Kidd

Edited by Coconut Kidd

On 5/17/2017 at 1:44 PM, Jimi007 said:

Yes it is the skinny IO and for sure he pissed somebody off as he is banned the "help" the costumers outside the air-conditioned office.

Normally he is not to bad but he can have odd days.