Korat to Bangkok bus no longer stops at Don Muang

IGCKorat

For anyone planning on using this service, you should know,  buses (all companies) from Korat to Bangkok, are no longer stopping at Don Muang Airport / Rail Station.  No explanation was offered other than "Tam Ruad Jaap" which I took to mean the driver would be arrested should he consider carrying out such a heinous deed as dropping of a passenger where he wants to be dropped of.

Your best option is to alight at Rangsit, and take a taxi from there.  The cost of a meter taxi on Saturday afternoon was 75 Baht and the journey took about 15 minutes.  I had to wait in a queue for about 15 minutes to get a  a taxi as things were very busy. The system is well organised however.  The only positive i could find is i didn't have to carry a full size suitcase up a flight of stairs as is the case normally.

So, a little more expense, and a lot more hassle.  Nothing ever really happens to make life easier, but at least, now you know.

Who told you this???

If you ask at the ticket office they have always told you that they cannot stop there but once on the bus you simply tell the hostess where you wish to get off and they always stop there for you.

Unless this is something new of course but the bus stopped there for my wife three days ago.

HL

In reply to the question who told me, the answer would be 2 different bus companies, and it was then repeated by a 3rd from whom i reluctantly purchased a ticket and came to terms with the fact i was getting off at Rangsit.  There was 4 or 5 other Don Muang bound passengers receiving the news with equal contempt so, in reply to the suggestion that all this must be new,. I would agree.

Having said all that, I heard from a friend yesterday that the Air Korat bus he was on did stop at Don Muang to allow passengers to disembark.  The message I suppose must be check first, assume you are getting off at Rangsit and treat it as a bonus if your bus will stop at D.M.  Allow the bit extra time in case.