Beer by the case....lower Sukhumvit???

KhonKaenKowboy

Isn't there some type of cash and carry store near the original Sunrise Tacos, with decent case prices...preferably Heineken/Tiger?  And howabout that wholesaler at Patpong?  short walk from Sale Daeng..a shop house with a mountain of beer and excellent prices.  Near Foodland, but can't recall exact soi.  Or should I just buy at Food land?  Is their a mini-Tesco around there?  Thanks!  

i can't remember the name of the place on soi 12.  it was a not chain, like foodland, etc...  i used to go there with a friend of mine.  he has a car and would stock up on booze as there was a parking lot right in front.  i think the lot got turned into a larger seating area for sunrise taco and maybe another bar or restaurant.  i think the club is closed or will be closed real soon.  that whole plot is going to be redeveloped into condo or hotel.

obviously foodland is closeby on soi 5 but i'm not sure about parking there.  carrying a case of beer on the BTS could be tough !!  you really earn your beers that way.

30 minutes ago, MrJohnson said:

Order online at TESCO and have it delivered to your front door.  Takes the pain right out of it.

Tesco is so sloppy, they would probably bring me beers that were a year old.  A case of cans on the BTS is pretty doable.  Even a case of large Heinekens...the frig uses less energy, when full....

5 hours ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

Tesco is so sloppy, they would probably bring me beers that were a year old.  A case of cans on the BTS is pretty doable.  Even a case of large Heinekens...the frig uses less energy, when full....

Tesco delivery is spot on in my experience and if you don't like what's delivered you don't have to accept it.

1 hour ago, gdgbb said:

Tesco delivery is spot on in my experience and if you don't like what's delivered you don't have to accept it.

Yup - I second that.  Tesco home delivery is excellent, website system is well set up, easy to pick a delivery time, and as gdgbb says - you can refuse anything they bring for a replacement or refund.

You can also get free delivery if you're flexible with your schedule and check the delivery slots.

9 hours ago, tonray said:

Wow, that ThaiFriendly first date must have gone well! Inviting her over to split a case ? (just kidding of course....we all dream of a girl like that...haha)

I for one and hoping for a Midnight end to the Songkran parties....will be a perfect reason to head back to the "loom" for some cold ones.  I priced some of these rooftop bar places....sheeeet!  Surprising there aren't more "jumpers" with bar tabs like that.  The tax and service charge alone wouldn't really be a cheap date.

4 hours ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

I for one and hoping for a Midnight end to the Songkran parties....will be a perfect reason to head back to the "loom" for some cold ones.  I priced some of these rooftop bar places....sheeeet!  Surprising there aren't more "jumpers" with bar tabs like that.  The tax and service charge alone wouldn't really be a cheap date.

Yes.. I usually go once a year.. Valentine's Day.  About 1250 baht for a couple of drinks... Ouch. The best view are the river hotels in Bangkok, Millennium Hilton at night my fave. 

Archived