Class action lawsuit filed over ‘substandard’ Ford vehicles

11 hours ago, kartman said:

I had a Montego Vanden Plas 2.0.   Best long distance car I ever owned.  I bought it very cheap S/H because the automatic choke was playing up, causing frequent flooding / stalling.  (250 Pounds).  Immediately binned the choke  for manual type. Ran it for 4-5 years, including trips to Scotland and East Germany.  The more I thrashed it, the better it ran.  The Montego was a very nice car, let down by poor QC

26 minutes ago, Rotweiler said:

Ford joins GM in buy-back demands.  hmmmm  Aren't they both American manufacturers?

http://media.gm.com/media/th/en/chevrolet/company_info.html

At General Motors Thailand, we provide innovative vehicles as well as superb sales and service experiences. We expect to earn lifelong customers in Thailand and throughout the region. This is our aim, each and every day.

https://www.ford.co.th/en/engineering/

OUR ENGINEERS

are constantly devising smart solutions that re-define what a car can do.

Ford is also continually upgrading the skills of Ford sales teams and technicians through progressive training programs and introducing additional services and technologies and upgrading its nationwide dealer management system.

Edited by canthai55

11 hours ago, reenatinnakor said:

We have a Ford Ranger Wildtrak 3.2 and it's the best vehicle I have ever owned. 2 years now and not a single thing wrong with it, cheap service every 15k also. Before this we had a Captiva and within 9 months this started to go wrong, never ever buying Chevrolet again.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Comon :

How can our standards as customers being so low now ?

You can't say from a car that it's good only because you own it since 2 years without problem !! that's kind of a joke (sorry for poking you...)

A good car is a car you can own for 10 years with no major issue, and i'm saying 10 years but back in the times between the 60s and up to the 90s you could own a car for 20 years and it would start straight every morning as it if was new out of the factory.

We are just too soft now i guess.

Comon :

You can't say from a car that it's good only because you own it since 2 years without problem !! that's kind of a joke (sorry for poking you...)
A good car is a car you can own for 10 years with no major issue, and i'm saying 10 years but back in the times between the 60s and up to the 90s you could own a car for 20 years and it would start straight every morning as it if was new out of the factory.

Certainly, if its agricultural American junk.

Comon :

Well we have only had it 2 years and nothing wrong, we've not had it 10 years yet! But we had a Chevrolet Captiva and literally within about 8 months I think things started to go wrong. At 2 years we needed a new gear box and air con unit! Never ever buy Chevrolet. But the Ford feels solid right now, not a rattle anywhere, maybe there's less parts in a pickup truck.

11 hours ago, reenatinnakor said:

Well we have only had it 2 years and nothing wrong, we've not had it 10 years yet! But we had a Chevrolet Captiva and literally within about 8 months I think things started to go wrong. At 2 years we needed a new gear box and air con unit! Never ever buy Chevrolet. But the Ford feels solid right now, not a rattle anywhere, maybe there's less parts in a pickup truck.

Shot man that's just SO bad !

Hope it was all covered by the warranty when that happened !