Tears Over Food Center

Bonjour!

I'm from Paris , a big fun of the deceased Dom Muang Airport.

I was looking forward the opening of Suvarnabhumi Airport and already made 3 visits there.

Besides all problems qouted here (WC, lack of seats to rest, expensive and boring duty free, etc) my biggest disappointment was about the New Food Center.

It's very expensive, there's no choice and not at all a friendly environment.

The former one (located between the International and Domestic terminals) was my favourite place to stay: a good choice, reasonavbli prices, opportunity to chat with friendly airline staff. It was used rather by locals but sometimes tourist or business travallers ate there also.

What do you think about the new one?

Is there a hope to find something like the old one nera the airport ?

Best regards

:o

Agree about the new one ...krup....

Bring back Bill Baileys...much more civilized but its unlikely.... :o

The new Maffi want to fleece you and with the new breed of visitors loaded down with dosh and who consider paying double for everything as OK...(feel sorry for the poor locals etc..want to play at being Andrew Carnegie ) then you can understand WHY?

For a reasonable bit of chop/nosh go downstairs and eat with the Airport workers in MAGIC FOOD...but dont tell anyone.....

The new Maffi want to fleece you and with the new breed of visitors loaded down with dosh and who consider paying double for everything as OK...(feel sorry for the poor locals etc..want to play at being Andrew Carnegie ) then you can understand WHY?

For a reasonable bit of chop/nosh go downstairs and eat with the Airport workers in MAGIC FOOD...but dont tell anyone.....

Thanks a lot

Wich floor is Magic Food located on?

(I dont tell anyone...)

Ground Floor ..looking at the airport on the right hand side.Just follow the crowds.......

Its next to the counter where the lassies flog you the expensive bus tickets ...think 150 bt althought heard that they may have reduced them to loi bt.(roi Bt)

You cant go down any lower ( basement ) because thats where the new high speed super duper sky train/metro/maglev/TGV...

or wotever will terminate when they finish the thing.... :o

Ground Floor ..looking at the airport on the right hand side.Just follow the crowds.......

Its next to the counter where the lassies flog you the expensive bus tickets ...think 150 bt althought heard that they may have reduced them to loi bt.(roi Bt)

You cant go down any lower ( basement ) because thats where the new high speed super duper sky train/metro/maglev/TGV...

or wotever will terminate when they finish the thing.... :o

Thanks a lot Rinrada!

The next time I won't miss it

Bon appetit ! Soen seb !

My wife and I eat at the Magic Food Court all the time. She loves it. For me it's just standard Thai food which is fine, but not great. We typically spend about 100 Baht for the two of us. The place is open 24 hours and is packed with Thai airport/airline workers. Besides myself, I've only seen one other farang in there out of many visits.

My wife and I eat at the Magic Food Court all the time. She loves it. For me it's just standard Thai food which is fine, but not great. We typically spend about 100 Baht for the two of us. The place is open 24 hours and is packed with Thai airport/airline workers. Besides myself, I've only seen one other farang in there out of many visits.

same here ...I have only ever seen one other in there...maybe it was ....will give you a wave next time... :o

Ditto for me, T.

I was really disappointed at the pricing for food and drink. All the other stuff (books, booze, smokes, etc.) seemed to be about the same as at D.M., but the F&B prices were absolutely outrageous. 200ThB for a hand-dipped ice cream cone? 80ThB for a 500ml bottle of water? Gimme a break.

BKK has always had a reputation for reasonable (if not cheap) prices whether at the airport or out and about. Take that away and boom ... gone is a major competitive edge for the tourist dollar. Word will get out quickly and people will wise up and just eat before coming or bring their own stuff while they wait. Seems a bit greedy and short-sighted to me. The people who will really get hurt in the long run are the employees if these places are unable to sustain business.

Oh yeah and another thing (OT) ...

What's up with the observation deck? The only thing to observe is the check-in area. Trying to look out over the taxi-ways and runways and there is a large horizontal structural beam right at eye-level for anyone 5'5'' to 6'. Aren't clear and reasonable views part of Architecture-101 any more?

AT least you folks were able to FIND the F&B vendors. I arrived for my 6am UA flight (double ugh!) and hoped to at least pick up a cup o' joe. Lord knows I walked far enough, and I could have all of the Rolex's, Cross Pens, and Bulgari jewelry my heart desired. But alas, no coffee!

same here ...I have only ever seen one other in there...maybe it was ....will give you a wave next time... :o

Ok, I'll be there tomorrow morning along with my wife. Just look for the 5-foot Thai lady with long black hair. Should be easy to spot her. :D If you're there, please do wave to me.

More and more people will discover Magic Food court on the ground floor. I bet in two-three months when word has gone round, the place will be packed with people.

Because all the other places are way overpriced.

The place is already packed, unless you go there at 3AM. It'll just be that Rinrada and I will have other farangs to wave at besides only the two of us. A tip for those who don't like the food court...there's a Chinese place on Level 3, next to the Neros Black Canyon, but I don't remember the name. They seem to have very reasonable prices when compared to the other places, with most dishes under 100 Baht.