Rainy Day Activities?

20 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Take them bowling at Tesco Samui.

Unfortunately the bowling alley was closed more than a year ago. Have been hoping that a new one would open perhaps at Central but not holding my breath.

On ‎07‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 10:11 AM, junglechef said:

Great idea, my kids love cooking and are quite good as I posted they prepared a classical French meal with me already here in our limited kitchen. Unfortunately, actually VERY fortunately, we live on an organic farm up north and they cook their own Thai food often and are quite the little gourmands with great knife skills and honed palates who talk about opening a restaurant.

If you know your stuff then you can do quite a lot with even a basic kitchen though my idea of pizza or a cake is obviously a non starter. I've been toying with the idea (for too long) of opening another YT channel showing people what can be done if you only have a rice steamer... one with the extra steaming tray on top.

Good on ya for showing the kids how to cook and to have passion in it.

[edit]

Now the Sun is out you may fancy this place.....

http://www.samuiwaterpark.com/

There is a bar sort of thing next door and one of the ladies knocks out good quality Thai food from a kitchen to the rear of the place. If the kids want a lesson then she (Pa) would be happy to do it for nothing. Let me know if you are interested in the food idea.

Edited by notmyself

Yes, the kids will love Coco Splash.
If you can show a Thai driving licence ask for discocout.
I always get 50% of as resident, but I have local adress on backside.
They usually don't check the backside, just behave like local. .... Mainland Thai pay normal price,

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Yes, the kids will love Coco Splash.
If you can show a Thai driving licence ask for discocout.
I always get 50% of as resident, but I have local adress on backside.
They usually don't check the backside, just behave like local. .... Mainland Thai pay normal price,

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Aye. Residents of Samui get a discount... not heard of the driving licence thing but the price for a day out is pretty damn n reasonable in any case. Main point is that the place is secure so no chance of the kids going missing or being run over by a car so you can actually relax in the shade without worry. Food is nothing to write home about though.