Watching The Masters.... On Truevisions?

UPDATE:  Looks like, Yes, they will be airing live it on Fox Sports 2, but Live Only.  They used to reply the day's round during the daytime here.  Looks like only highlights during the day. 

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out whether Truevisions will be showing The Masters (Golf) this year.  This year they haven't been showing ANY PGA golf (they used to show most of the tournaments... every weekend.)  Their schedule site (http://truedigitalhd.truecorp.co.th/tv_guide.html) is junk.  It only shows 10:30 to 14:00 on any given day (can't scroll left to right).

Any idea if they will be broadcasting it this year?

Truevisions's programming keeps getting worse.  Is PGA Golf another casualty of their failure to get programming deals?

Cheers,

T.

I can give you a bit of information about the PGA Tour coverage for this year. I called True Visions in January when the first tournament of the year wasn't on to my surprise. They couldn't give me an answer immediately and  then two weeks later they finally called back and told me it would be on Golf Channel the following week. It was on that channel for the next two weeks, but only a 2 hour slot live and a couple of replays throughout the day. It then disappeared again, so I called them up. I tried to speak to someone higher up who could explain the scheduling properly, but I had no luck. The call centre lady could only tell me that the tounaments will be on some weeks this year , but not others due to 'copyright'. The months of February and March have also followed this pattern. So I can only guess it's got something to do with the US broadcasters - Golf Channel and CBS. When it's being televised on one of those networks (probably CBS) True Visions cant broadcast it. Rather annoying since they've broadcast the Tour week in week out for the ten or so years I've had a subscription. At least all the majors and WGC events are on Fox Sports!

Archived