Two day midweek umbrella ban and no food as Pattaya beaches "returned to tourists"

webfact

1 hour ago, bangkoken said:

Spent the day (Saturday, April 6th) in Pattaya on the beach. The water was filthy, the jet skis are way out of hand speeding around much too close to the swimmers and the Police are no where to be found. The good part was the chair, umbrella and the cold beer being served. I have an idea. What about placing a Police booth every kilometer right on the beach to help control the out of control jet ski operators and their customers. Parents had to take their children out of the water today when a couple of jerks rented a jet ski and were wild with it too close to the shore and swimmers with no one to stop them. Where the hell are the authorities. One other thing a Saturday weekend and Pattaya was a literal ghost town. 

Yes good idea !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have multiple air con police boxes all along beach rood

So the cops,  can sit inside and play on Line and Fake book all day.

This is the way forward. :thumbsup:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, bangkoken said:

Spent the day (Saturday, April 6th) in Pattaya on the beach. The water was filthy, the jet skis are way out of hand speeding around much too close to the swimmers and the Police are no where to be found. The good part was the chair, umbrella and the cold beer being served. I have an idea. What about placing a Police booth every kilometer right on the beach to help control the out of control jet ski operators and their customers. Parents had to take their children out of the water today when a couple of jerks rented a jet ski and were wild with it too close to the shore and swimmers with no one to stop them. Where the hell are the authorities. One other thing a Saturday weekend and Pattaya was a literal ghost town. 

We Tourists would prefer to see the jetskies going away instead of having our beach chairs being pulled away under our behinds.

4 hours ago, bangkoken said:

Hmm.  April 6th wasn't a Saturday.  But, never mind.  I doubt Pattaya was a 'literal ghost town', whatever day it was.  I've lived here over 6 years and it's never seemed like a ghost town. Ever. And, certainly not this week.  But, if it was a ghost town, who were all those jet skiers and who were all those swimmers?  By the way, there are designated swimming areas with floating barriers all up and down the beach--responsible ghost parents should have had their ghost children swimming in these areas, not where all those ghost jet skiers were.

16 hours ago, bangkoken said:

One other thing a Saturday weekend and Pattaya was a literal ghost town. 

couldn't agree more and yet still many here are burying heir heads and claiming otherwise the place is dying on its backside i have only been coming 25 years but the decline the last 5 is hideous

Edited by Chivas

3 minutes ago, Chivas said:

couldn't agree more and yet still many here are burying heir heads and claiming otherwise the place is dying on its backside i have only been coming 25 years but the decline the last 5 is hideous

I would like to agree with you, but I just dont see it. The place seems full of Chinese and, Koreans making up the majority. Could you elaborate on the above statement with specific examples 

2 minutes ago, morrobay said:

I would like to agree with you, but I just dont see it. The place seems full of Chinese and, Koreans making up the majority. Could you elaborate on the above statement with specific examples 

fair point understand what you say the move away and the decline of the sexual tourist is starting to hit big style but is only being replaced by koreans and chinese who in the main walk around aimlessly following flags and spending small money

most if not all the bars i frequent and am not talking small outlets are being savaged on income cant continue like this

2 hours ago, Chivas said:

fair point understand what you say the move away and the decline of the sexual tourist is starting to hit big style but is only being replaced by koreans and chinese who in the main walk around aimlessly following flags and spending small money

most if not all the bars i frequent and am not talking small outlets are being savaged on income cant continue like this

Untrue. Many, many Chinese and Koreans travelling here in couples independantly. They do not frequent bars but do spend a lot of money in malls, on massages and in restaurants, and also on the beach. They stay in mid to top range hotels, not cheaper guest houses. ASEAN tourist numbers are on the rise too, along with those from HK, Japan and Taiwan. We sometimes need to remember where we are in the World and how heavily populated the region is. There is more prosperity around the region and increasingly so.

Those in the picture look nothing like that in real life. Ratty and weatherd umbrellas and worn out deck chairs are an eye sore.
Koh larn just a thirty minute trip and white sand Crystal clear water and real padded deck chairs.. Oh and topless Russian barbies in g strings

3 minutes ago, Ijustcashier said:

Those in the picture look nothing like that in real life. Ratty and weatherd umbrellas and worn out deck chairs are an eye sore.
Koh larn just a thirty minute trip and white sand Crystal clear water and real padded deck chairs.. Oh and topless Russian barbies in g strings

U do understand by bringing this up that chairs and umbrellas have to go there as well? 

14 minutes ago, Chivas said:

you beat me to it same restrictions

However only thing todo in koh larn is sit on the beach so to remove them is like madness than again why remove them in Pattaya?.i come to the point that i no longer care these crappy chairs at beach just hurt my back anyway so i just stay at the pool do what u want!!!

5 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

However only thing todo in koh larn is sit on the beach so to remove them is like madness than again why remove them in Pattaya?.i come to the point that i no longer care these crappy chairs at beach just hurt my back anyway so i just stay at the pool do what u want!!!

its not going to matter every concession is losing money on 6 day weeks to make it 5 the vendors will walk away simply no point anymore

52 minutes ago, Chivas said:

its not going to matter every concession is losing money on 6 day weeks to make it 5 the vendors will walk away simply no point anymore

In all openess i think u sre correct i know a farang who rents a piece of the beach for doing beach chair rental drinks etc near jomtien soi 10-12 with his Thai wife they early wake up everyday and according to him he just break even after a full year of hard work and he will not continue his lease.

On 4/6/2017 at 2:36 PM, CliffH said:

Things for the visitor to do in Pattaya on Wednesdays and Thursdays....

1)  Sit on the beach where there is virtually no shade and get fried

2)  Walk aimlessly around shopping malls

3)  Sit in a bar and get drunk

4)  Sit in the hotel room

Is there anything else you can do in Pattaya?

5 have a young chick.

3 minutes ago, Ijustcashier said:

For 2 days only right? Most of the beaches are surrounded by resteraunts literally on the sand which I prefer to eat at.

Yup but can become more days..it not concern me much and most people that sit drink at these beach chair rentals shops are Thai families.

On 4/6/2017 at 6:16 PM, Andaman Al said:

Sounds like members of your family own part of the business joeyg. Did I complain about people working for a living? Nope. However when a public beach has almost every square meter of it taken over by umbrella and deck chair mafia's then there is an issue. As i said the photo is an image straight out of hell. If you are the type happy to sit in that environment then it tells me enough about you. Adios. 

Glad I only check in here rarely these days.  Thanks for the reminder why... :thumbsup: