Rollator wheels , where to find?

THAIPHUKET

The wheels of this rollator have no grip. Visiting a shopping mall is like gliding on Ice, even walking on normal road surface is dangerously slippery.

Where to find somewhat bigger, soft gripping rubber tires?

Ideally as a concoction with a metallic hockey stick shaped front wheel holder? (Holder is now plastic)

rollator wheel.GIF

Edited by THAIPHUKET

While pointing to wheelchairs is the right direction it looks that Lazada does not sell "spare parts".

Either there is a medical-supply shop in CM (?) or you could indeed try your luck in a hardware store.

Kn.B. you are right. That's why I looked at Global House. They have heavy duty iron wheels, that would be ok but the tires seem to offer not much more grip, ultrahard rubber.

Now the idea is to cut up motorbike tire and to glue a piece over the original tire. Should work, there are no centrifugal tensions to consider. ( Won't be breaking the speed limit for rollators)

• 2 weeks later...

Another idea for the tinkerer
= wheels are synthetic. How about cutting up a bicycle tire and to try to glue the rubber over the wheels. Must be slow hardening to allow enough time for fitting. Very strong adhesive quality.
But staying flexibel. Otherwise, the rolling rubber will break up. What glue, where to buy?

Feels like designing an off-road truck [emoji39][emoji39][emoji39]

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Another idea for the tinkerer
= wheels are synthetic. How about cutting up a bicycle tire and to try to glue the rubber over the wheels. Must be slow hardening to allow enough time for fitting. Very strong adhesive quality.
But staying flexibel. Otherwise, the rolling rubber will break up. What glue, where to buy?

Feels like designing an off-road truck [emoji39][emoji39][emoji39]

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Robinsons have small hardware areas that sell flexible adhesives that should suit your purpose.

Sent from my Cray II supercomputer