U.S.-educated Islamic State propagandist killed in Syria

webfact

U.S.-educated Islamic State propagandist killed in Syria

REUTERS

r7.jpg

Ahmad Abousamra, 31, a dual U.S./Syrian citizen from Mansfield, Massachusetts, is seen in this FBI handout photo taken in 2004. REUTERS/FBI/Handout

CAIRO (Reuters) - A U.S.-Syrian Islamic State militant who helped run an online media campaign disseminating jihadist material to sympathisers around the world from its self-declared caliphate has been killed in Syria, the group said.

Ahmad Abousamra was killed in early January when a missile struck a house where he was staying north of the Syrian city of Tabqa, according to Islamic State publications including the English language online magazine Rumiyah which he helped set up.

Abousamra, 35, was born in Paris but brought up in Boston, Massachusetts, where he studied computer science, Rumiyah said. He travelled to Yemen, Pakistan and Iraq before returning to the United States, but fled after his plans for an armed attack with two accomplices on U.S. soil were uncovered.

At the start of the Syrian conflict in 2011 he fought in the northern city of Aleppo, before joining the al Qaeda-affiliated Nusra Front, and then switching allegiance to Islamic State.

He helped set up publications including Dabiq, the Islamic State online magazine named after a village in Syria where an Islamic prophecy says a battle will be fought between Muslims and infidels, heralding doomsday. Islamic State fighters were driven from the village six months ago.

The FBI offered $50,000 for information leading to Abousamra's capture after he was charged with conspiracy to provide material support to terrorists, and conspiracy to kill in a foreign country.

(Reporting by Ali Abdelaty; Writing by Dominic Evans; Editing by Louise Ireland)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-04-07

a US educated ISIS guy.....

that's kind of like 'there's a new Nazi.... who was a Pope'

but as he's a propaganda guy... it is scary.... but not surprising.

the USA all but totally invented propaganda and we were the ones who taught the Nazis. 

Edited by maewang99

I am extremely happy to hear that another jihadist has found his way to paradise.

I hope he is enjoying his 72 virgins, or whatever. I only hope that Allah has a sense of humour, and always states to the newly arrived. "sorry guys, but i never said they would all be women"

I guess you never heard of the British guy who broadcast anti British propaganda during world war 2 who was known to that generation in England as "Lord Haw Haw".

Look up the name on the internet if you don't believe me.

I believe he was jailed or perhaps executed by the Allied powers after WW2 and the Nazi surrender.

Propaganda goes back many years before World War 2.

Learn some history.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

killed in early January when a missile struck a house where he was staying

Courtesy of the Obama Express.

Often criticizing Obama for military involvement in Syria during Trump's POTUS election campaign , Trump now has started his own Express with his missile attack against Syria.

So today the USA has launched 59 missles into SyriaGood!

Geezer

Yeah, the missiles were hitting targets from Assads army, actually the main fraction who's fighting todays main concentration of ISIS and AQ-Syria franchise...in Syria...

Not sure if this is actually good news.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

IMA-FERANG

I red your post with some interest. Lord Haw Haw was William Joyce. He was half American i think, and he was a spy during the Irish war of independance, for the Americans. He was The equivalent of Tokyo Rose. He was a propagandist, and his job was to destroy the moral of the British People. In fact he became a laughing stock, because of his inability to do so.My mum and dad used to listen to him during the war (ww2). I believe he was hanged by the then British hangman Albert Pierpoint.  I have no sympathy for him. However i must say this, rather than hang him,they should have kept him in prison for the rest of his natural life.I dont really think he should have been hanged for words. Life inside would haven a more painful experience for him, him being who he was.

We executed a king in 1649, many people who signed the death warrant, under the eye of Oliver Cromwell, regretted their decision soon after. He was no real threat, and he could have been sent to an island some where, where he could do no more harm Rather like Napoleon. Regiside ( the killing of a monarch) is a dreadful thing to have on your shoulder's.

i have learned my history, thank you