Mor Chit bus station packed to the rafters as Songkran exodus begins

webfact

Mor Chit bus station packed to the rafters as Songkran exodus begins

3pm.jpg

Picture: Thai News Agency

BANGKOK: --  Thai News Agency reported that Mor Chit 2 was jam packed today as the first real wave of people going home for the Songkran holidays swamped the northern Bangkok bus station.

The terminal was packed with passengers and their bags all over the place and there were certainly not enough seats for everyone.

Consequently, many were sprawled over the floor and there were even people outside the terminal trying to find a space to sit down and wait.

Most of the people TNA interviewed said that they were going early after booking their journeys in advance. Many were worried that if they left it until next week they wouldn't get home at all.

It has been reported that 35 million Thais will be on the move this week making it one of the biggest "migrations" in the world.

Source: Thai News Agency

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-04-07

It will be impossible for many to get back home this Songkran due to the governments new rule of no riding in the back of pickup's, who is going to risk sitting in the back and getting fined.

19 hours ago, nev said:

It will be impossible for many to get back home this Songkran due to the governments new rule of no riding in the back of pickup's, who is going to risk sitting in the back and getting fined.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that new "law" was temporarily suspended for an indeterminate period of time due to the overwhelming outcry of the public.  

1 hour ago, Tracyb said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that new "law" was temporarily suspended for an indeterminate period of time due to the overwhelming outcry of the public.  

The latest turn was: max. 6 persons allowed on the cargo platform.

Kind of face saving for Mr. P. after recognizing the overwhelming outcry, so he can say "I did something".