Does anybody also experience a much higher Internet speed?

ajarngreg

I'm a TOT customer who changed to Fiber Optic about a year ago. I've signed up for 20 MB down, and 10 MB upload speed.

In the first months, I always had around 20 MB download, sometimes a few more and incredible 20 MB upload speed.

I've done a couple of speed tests today and none is under 53 MB download. Does anybody have an idea why? 

Internet speed with Fiber_001.png

Edited by ajarngreg

We have the same package, 20/10, it has been running at over 30 download (can't say for upload) - It has not been upgraded to 50/20, for that, you need to visit TOT and sign a new contract. (at least that is what TOT told us - it was a free offer until end of March)

Looking at the speeds however, it is definitely a lot faster than when it was first installed - Maybe TOT are playing Santa Claus early this year?

Edited by Formaleins

I had 30 down and 15 up. Paid year in advance now have 80 down and 20 up for same price.Have always had excellent service from TOT.

Had wifi from TOT which was pathetic.Complained to the HO daily with speeds included,probably got tired of me and after several weeks installed fibre though I live about one km from village.Paid 19800 THB to have it installed.What a bargain.Cancelled True satellite TV and save over 1000 THB per month.

Edited by Realist

It never happened to me that I got upgraded automatically without asking for it.

I always had to see the new service advertised at the TOT office when paying the bill there and ask for the change and than have to sign.

2 months ago I went to pay the bill because it didn't arrive by email anymore and as I had a 20 or 30 Mb service for a while I saw that I could get 200 down and 80 up for the same price, so it was worth the trip.

15 hours ago, shady86 said:

That's Megabits not megabytes.

1 MBps (MegaByte per second)= 8 Mbps (Megabit per second).

53.2 Mbps= 6.65 MBps

20.5 Mbps= 2.56 MBps

So ajargreg, you are getting 6.65 MBps instead of 20 MBps max DL speed  and 2.56 MBps instead of 10 MBps max speed UL when you did the test. If you do the speed test at different times, you might get a better speed DL and UL, closer than what you are paying for.

Edited by Zyxel

1 minute ago, WorriedNoodle said:

We are TOT Fiber also for 599THB/m.

Got upgraded without asking from 15/2 to 35/16mbps last month. Not bad for the price.

You were upgraded to 35/16 MBps, 35/16 Mbps are equivalent to 4.37/2 MBps.

I was also on TOT fibre 30/15 and when I saw their promotion until 31/3 of 50/20 for the same rate I telephoned them and they upgraded me within 48 hours there was no need to visit their office or sign any forms.

8 hours ago, Zyxel said:

You were upgraded to 35/16 MBps, 35/16 Mbps are equivalent to 4.37/2 MBps.

WADR I fail to understand / see the point of your post or how you can possibly know what our TOT fiber speeds were changed from / to.

Like I said we we upgraded without notice (the point of this thread by op) to 35/16mbps which is megabits per second which is what all the commercial IPTV services quote their packages in usually?

We are very happy!

On 4/8/2017 at 7:41 PM, WorriedNoodle said:

WADR I fail to understand / see the point of your post or how you can possibly know what our TOT fiber speeds were changed from / to.

Like I said we we upgraded without notice (the point of this thread by op) to 35/16mbps which is megabits per second which is what all the commercial IPTV services quote their packages in usually?

We are very happy!

My apologies, you are right! I believed that Internet speed units were MegaByte/s but they are actually Megabits/s. I got confused with the amount of data downloaded which unit is MegaByte (MB) and its download speed usually in kiloByte/s (kB/s). My apologies also to ajarngreg, he really got a big increase of his Internet speed for free, ignore my previous posts on this topic, it's all BS.:sorry:

Edited by Zyxel