Recent Major Internet Performance Decrease For International Use Maxnet? (cm)

Veazer

Using various speakeasy speedtest servers (speakeasy.net/speedtest) as a gauge of net performance I was formerly able to get around 300+ kbps down on my MaxNet 512/256 connection in the day and about 430kbps in non-peak hours, sometimes even during those hours. Now I am getting about 40-50 kbps down during the day and for most of the evening. There are massive gaps /pauses during downloads (easily seen on the speakeasy test) and I'm getting far more web page timeouts than before. Skype and VoIP are unusable and I can't even maintain a 48 kbps streaming radio station. The MaxNet customer service rep I have been working with for months now tells me in writing that this is acceptable performance and that the home 512 package is "not so good" for use outside of thailand, despite working much better previously. He suggests I upgrade to "premier' service but I am reluctant to hand over any money to this company.

Anyone else experiencing similar problems? Are there any alternative providers worth using in CM?

Using various speakeasy speedtest servers (speakeasy.net/speedtest) as a gauge of net performance I was formerly able to get around 300+ kbps down on my MaxNet 512/256 connection in the day and about 430kbps in non-peak hours, sometimes even during those hours. Now I am getting about 40-50 kbps down during the day and for most of the evening. There are massive gaps /pauses during downloads (easily seen on the speakeasy test) and I'm getting far more web page timeouts than before. Skype and VoIP are unusable and I can't even maintain a 48 kbps streaming radio station. The MaxNet customer service rep I have been working with for months now tells me in writing that this is acceptable performance and that the home 512 package is "not so good" for use outside of thailand, despite working much better previously. He suggests I upgrade to "premier' service but I am reluctant to hand over any money to this company.

Anyone else experiencing similar problems? Are there any alternative providers worth using in CM?

maxnet is horrible, 1024 pack...not a k faster than the 512.

maxnet is horrible, 1024 pack...not a k faster than the 512.

If you upgraded from 512 to 1024 and literally saw no increase in performance whatsoever then you should login to the router and verify that the data rate for the ADSL link has been upgraded. The login name assigned to you is not a good indicator of ADSL speed, i was originally given a "home256" login name by mistake but the router status and internet speed tests showed that it was indeed running at 512/256.

Regadless, I still agree with your opening statement... :o

TOT works fairly well here in the north. I am using GoldCyber 1024.

International has been a bit slow over the last couple of days, maxed out at 600kbps for me, but generally, they are pretty good.

Also, restart your DSL router. Sometimes helps.

TOT works fairly well here in the north. I am using GoldCyber 1024.

International has been a bit slow over the last couple of days, maxed out at 600kbps for me, but generally, they are pretty good.

Also, restart your DSL router. Sometimes helps.

Any idea how to find current prices for this package? Their website is a cluttered nightmare. The only reference to GoldCyber I could find was upcoming service notices in Thai script. I suppose visiting the local office is best.

Restarting the router won't help in this case as in-Thailand service is working normally, though it does seem to fix things when it is slow everywhere. And my router is Linux-based, go figure.