Five Nos for Songkran revellers

rooster59

What a joke. For years the big gun ban has been on in Pattaya and for years have watched the BIB going around and fining, confiscating for using them and then going down the street and selling them to someone else. Then half hour later there buddies follow and do the same over again. Cash grab

If you see this happen again and have your phone with you, please film it. This would make a big headline in the foreign press. Tourists come to Thailand to celebrate Songkran.

"Police scam Songkran tourist's"

14 hours ago, rooster59 said:

On top of that, there will be no entertainment activities during the festival. This means that loud music and dancing on the back of pickup trucks will be prohibited.

:partytime2: Yeah, right. Less passengers, more room for noise generators.

3 hours ago, Pattaya28 said:

define excessive use of water

define big guns

who will see rules are not broken 

who will police no loud music + define what is loud

only thing I predict for sure is there will be "big mis-understandings"

'... only thing I predict for sure is there will be "big mis-understandings"'

52 minutes ago, George Feedback said:

You have got to be joking... common sense in the same context as Thailand and Songkran???

I seem to slip in and out of common sense and delusional Thai thinking. I must have had a crossover moment. 

On 08/04/2017 at 4:42 PM, Wilsonandson said:

If you see this happen again and have your phone with you, please film it. This would make a big headline in the foreign press. Tourists come to Thailand to celebrate Songkran.

"Police scam Songkran tourist's"

I have not stayed in Pattaya for a couple of years during Songkran. Have gone to Koh Samed where it is civilized and maybe next year go back to Canada early to miss the brain dead fools. 

No alcohol? Most of the imbeciles are anchored to a bar drinking 20 beers a day while attacking anything that moves. What really creeps me out are the 50 years old farang, fat beer gut guys with greasy hair and wife beaters trying to fit in brandishing a big gun [emoji26]

I enjoyed the festival in Jomtien last year. The people were quite respectful of my elderly farang status, and always gave an inquiring look before dousing or painting with powder. I always gave a nod of permission. :smile:
The dancing and loud music were entertaining as well. Some folks are not amused, I guess.
This is the Thai New Year, and there are some important aspects in addition to general revelry. Good Buddhists will go to the temples and make merit. It is tradition in many areas to pour water on the hands of elders and Buddha statues to symbolize washing away sins. Many will go prepare food for the elders after the other duties.
Just thought it worth reminding folks it is not just drunken revelry.

On 4/9/2017 at 10:51 AM, quandow said:

Any holiday that boasts daily headlines of how many people died has GOT to be re-evaluated.

Your living in Thailand here they call it by the numbers. Being born growing up life death its all a number on a clock that has your number. 

download (3).jpg