Exchanging Coins In Bkk

smx1313

While I've never tried the place suggested by Bambina, I will say that I've never heard of any exchange place in the world that is willing to accept foreign coins. Go ahead and try the place and see, but don't be surprised if they don't take them. I think you'll have better luck trying to find a collector of foreign coins or a coins store to sell them to, albeit for probably pennies on the dollar.

While I've never tried the place suggested by Bambina, I will say that I've never heard of any exchange place in the world that is willing to accept foreign coins. Go ahead and try the place and see, but don't be surprised if they don't take them. I think you'll have better luck trying to find a collector of foreign coins or a coins store to sell them to, albeit for probably pennies on the dollar.

Yep, that's what I figured. I'm xfering planes in Tokyo, I'm going to try to change all of my change in Yen for paper money. That way I can then at least change the bill to Bhat in BKK.

As far as the English Pounds and Euro, maybe I can so some bar room money changing.

It's only a matter of time untill I sitting next to a Brit or Euro. I'll swap my coins for Bhat for at

least beer money.

As per the other replies I have never been able to offload coins anywhere in the world. At Moscow trying to change remaining Roubles back to sterling they just threw the loose change back on the counter "Souvenirs".

Funny thing is that they will accept dollar bills but not pound coins which are worth close to double.

Also watch for small value notes. A few years back I was travelling with a client back from Italy and he had a whole wedge of 1000 Lira notes that Don Muang exchange declined to accept.

Best place for coins is those charity boxes airside at most airports.