Carburator tunning and sync in Bangkok ?

Pepper9187

Hello everyone.

My bike needs a good carburetors tuning and synchronizing (unstable RPM and bad throttle response at low RPMs), its a cb400 vtec3.

Anyone knows a decent place where i can have this done anywhere in Bangkok ?

Thanks

Thanks but already tried this ;

Their answer was : You didn't buy the bike here so we won't do anything for you, not even letting me buy ordinary spare parts like oil filter.

They said they would only flush the oil / brake fluids.

Good service, good image for Honda, right !

Thanks for Red barron,

I do know them, i had already sent them an email asking if they would be able to do it and i'm waiting for their reply.

(just don't want to drive 1hr in their no man's land location to hear that they can't do it :D)

Will let you know.

3 hours ago, Pepper9187 said:

Thanks for Red barron,

I do know them, i had already sent them an email asking if they would be able to do it and i'm waiting for their reply.

(just don't want to drive 1hr in their no man's land location to hear that they can't do it :D)

Will let you know.

Use to tune or more so check and clean the carbs on my CB400 use to enjoy doing that kind of stuff,  l would very surprised if Red Baron can't help you, you'll  better of phoning them IMO or get a Thai friend to do it for you.

From memory there were some people who were able to speak English and understand what you want.

If you want your motorcycle to be fixed by Red Baron Bangkok, and not bought you motorcycle there, you have to pay an entry fee for the service.

For a Honda CB400 this fee is probably around 20,000 THB, it depends a bit on motorcycle age and how legal the motorcycle is. If you expect that your greenbook is not 100% legal you not have to try to get service from Red Baron Bangkok...

8 hours ago, Richard-BKK said:

If you want your motorcycle to be fixed by Red Baron Bangkok, and not bought you motorcycle there, you have to pay an entry fee for the service.

For a Honda CB400 this fee is probably around 20,000 THB, it depends a bit on motorcycle age and how legal the motorcycle is. If you expect that your greenbook is not 100% legal you not have to try to get service from Red Baron Bangkok...

I don't think so ;

I bought my bike 3 years ago, 2nd hand from thai owner, i got it checked at red baron, they changed on my request:

Air filter / Oil filter / Spark plugs / Oil / Coolant / brake fluids / front and rear sprockets / Chain.

Didn't paid any "entry fee" for this, but don't tell me they changed so badly !?

1 hour ago, Pepper9187 said:

I don't think so ;

I bought my bike 3 years ago, 2nd hand from thai owner, i got it checked at red baron, they changed on my request:

Air filter / Oil filter / Spark plugs / Oil / Coolant / brake fluids / front and rear sprockets / Chain.

Didn't paid any "entry fee" for this, but don't tell me they changed so badly !?

Maybe they changed, some time ago they wanted 'entry fee' for servicing motorcycles they had not sold. I know that it's still practiced by some dealers but maybe it becomes more a thing of the past.

4 hours ago, Pepper9187 said:

I don't think so ;

I can't see that either or them turning away a previous customer,  if you kept the bill as history l don't see a problem.

Where l live,  near me is Phitsanulok and there's many private family set up bike repair/maintenance workshops, can't believe there's none in Bkk.

If main dealers have adopted such nasty measures as suggested private workshops would gain and mechanic's who work for main dealer are in a good position to gain from the idiots and make some money on their time off.

Edited by Kwasaki

Google Morgan Carb Tune.

Less than £50 for a 4 column model.

Far superior to any 4 dial carb tune kit.

4 vertical columns, solid s/s rods these days. Original mk I versions used mercury.

I've used them for over 30 years.

Easy to use, full instructions, comes with all adapters, hoses, to fit virtually any bike.

Then do your carb synch yourself. And save money.

Thanks for your advice !

I know car balancing is not something extremely hard to do but since  i've never done that i would rather give it to someone who knows exactly what he's doing = not me.

I know a tiny dirty small shop who said they'll do it, just didn't really wanted to give them my bike after seeing the storm in their 10m2 shop, but at the end of the day i'll probably have to deal with them.