Yearly Retirement Funds Bank Statement & Ymca

faranggl

Hi,

I was wondering if, when you have to show yearly funds status for the retirement visa, if your Thai bank account just needs to be topped up to the required amount or if they expect to see an entire new amount brought in on top of possible left overs? I hope this doesn't sound like to stupid a question but I was just wondering if any special Thai logic comes into play.

ALSO:

The first four weeks I spent in CM were anchored at the Chiang Mai Gate Hotel which was fine except for the ever so faint, possibly sewer smell, that I almost go use to and the maid who decided I might be marriage material. I am looking at the monthly rate at the YMCA International which looks fine on the web for a 20-baht food stall kind of guy. Any bad reports?rolleyes.gif

Thanks-GL

Hi,

I was wondering if, when you have to show yearly funds status for the retirement visa, if your Thai bank account just needs to be topped up to the required amount or if they expect to see an entire new amount brought in on top of possible left overs?

I'm pretty sure you have to bring in the required amount every year before you renew your retirement visa for another year and that you must provide as part of your renewal application a statement from your bank that the money came in from overseas and is in your account.

But don't rely on what I am pretty sure is the case. There is a separate forum on Thai Forum for visa related issues. I recommend that you post your questions there.

Hi,

I was wondering if, when you have to show yearly funds status for the retirement visa, if your Thai bank account just needs to be topped up to the required amount or if they expect to see an entire new amount brought in on top of possible left overs?

I'm pretty sure you have to bring in the required amount every year before you renew your retirement visa for another year and that you must provide as part of your renewal application a statement from your bank that the money came in from overseas and is in your account.

But don't rely on what I am pretty sure is the case. There is a separate forum on Thai Forum for visa related issues. I recommend that you post your questions there.

Thanks Rasseru,

I'll switch forums in a day or so and maybe in the meantime maybe someone has a comment on the YMCA Hotel as a base fpr 1-2 months

It just needs to be topped off. You do NOT have to bring in a fresh 800K baht every year. If just relying on bank account, the funds need to be there three months before application for extension, and also there at the actual application time. So for most people, that means topping off to a million baht, not 800K.

It just needs to be topped off. You do NOT have to bring in a fresh 800K baht every year. If just relying on bank account, the funds need to be there three months before application for extension, and also there at the actual application time. So for most people, that means topping off to a million baht, not 800K.