Visa extension - how many days of grace before and after

I know this has been asked and answered many times but I could not find the right thread among the plethora of posts. So

How many days before and after the due date are accepted for renewing a retirement visa extension?

And the same question about 90 day reporting

9 minutes ago, Farang99 said:

How many days before and after the due date are accepted for renewing a retirement visa extension?

Within 30 days before, but some offices will accept within 45 days.

There is no set time for extending after, but as long as you pay the overstay fine it's possible to extend late. How late is discretionary so unknown.

If the office is closed on the expiry date you can extend late, without being fined, as long as you apply on the first available working day.

7 hours ago, Farang99 said:

You would be extending your extension of stay based on retirement, not a visa. Technically if you allow the current extension to expire, you are in the country illegally, aka on overstay. If you are a few days late, they might allow you to pay the overstay fine and then apply but if they didn't allow you to do that, you'd need to get a new non-imm O at a Thai embassy and then apply for a new extension during the last 30 days of the permission you got when entering on the visa.

You can apply 30 days before the current extension expires and some offices would accept the application up to 45 days before.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no grace period either way.

You can apply for your extension up to 30 days early (45 at some offices). You can apply on the last day if you want to. After that you are on an overstay.

Correct I was at Chang Wattana Div 1 last week and asked the officer how many days can I renew before the extension of stay expired .? Her reply was 45 days. 

12 hours ago, Monkeyrobot said:

Correct I was at Chang Wattana Div 1 last week and asked the officer how many days can I renew before the extension of stay expired .? Her reply was 45 days. 

12 hours ago, Monkeyrobot said:

Chiang Mai allow you to renew your extension of stay based on retirement 45 days before the expiry date.

On 4/12/2017 at 9:21 AM, elviajero said:

Within 15 days before the due date and 7 days after. If reporting late it must be made in person.

OP - don't forget that the due date should be included in the count of 15 days before or 7 days after. And, in contrast to extensions of stay, if the office is closed on the 7th day after, you will be liable to a fine if you show up on the next available working day to submit your 90-day report.