Last will

splodger

Make sure you destroy any originals, handwritten & signed or machine-typed & signed & witnessed.

If you know of any copies, destroy them, too. If you are not sure you have all of them, I suggest you write a new Will the way you want your Estate distributed now and hand it to a person you trust.

Obviously any Will is dated and the newest one is valid, further you usually revoke any prior Wills explicitly. Most important is, the Will spells out who is to be the executor, this is the person who will control all the assets without any supervision at all. There is very few lawyers I would trust. I can give you names if you like, but these are real lawyers and they charge real money. Never saw the point in registering with the Amphur,  as long as you have a friend you can trust to start the process and have an administrator you trust to do the right thing. Good luck. MS>

41 minutes ago, moonseeker said:

I suggest you write a new Will the way you want your Estate distributed now and hand it to a person you trust.

Obviously any Will is dated and the newest one is valid, further you usually revoke any prior Wills explicitly. Most important is, the Will spells out who is to be the executor, this is the person who will control all the assets without any supervision at all

Good advice. :thumbsup:

56 minutes ago, moonseeker said:

Make sure you destroy any originals, handwritten & signed or machine-typed & signed & witnessed.

If you know of any copies, destroy them, too. If you are not sure you have all of them, I suggest you write a new Will the way you want your Estate distributed now and hand it to a person you trust.

Obviously any Will is dated and the newest one is valid, further you usually revoke any prior Wills explicitly. Most important is, the Will spells out who is to be the executor, this is the person who will control all the assets without any supervision at all. There is very few lawyers I would trust. I can give you names if you like, but these are real lawyers and they charge real money. Never saw the point in registering with the Amphur,  as long as you have a friend you can trust to start the process and have an administrator you trust to do the right thing. Good luck. MS>

Yes, good advice by Moonseeker.  It's important if you have property or other assets in Thailand to have a Will that covers your Thai assets, names an executor, and, if you are living in Thailand, what you want done with your body, money set aside to pay for it, and so on.

Why would you want your solicitor to keep a copy? You mean a photocopy, or a second original? No, in both cases, if you want that Will to be voided, have it ripped up. Even more so if it is an original copy and you want it voided. If you want to keep that existing Will, keep it with the solicitor, but then I don't quite understand the point you are making? You destroyed your copy, which I assume was an original? Why would you leave either photocopy or original copy with solicitor? Stay without Will or make a new one that suits you. I am against 2 originals, held by 2 individuals, unless there is a reason behind it and it is spelled out clearly in the Will, that it is issued in 2 originals.  Good luck. MS>

A well written will (many such standard forms are available) will have as the very first item at the top words to the effect: "I am of sound mind and this will disavows and supersedes any other wills and codicils I may have produced." and do make a try to locate and destroy (not keep) the previous. Then have it notarized and maybe sealed at your embassy.

All being made too difficult

Take a blank sheet of A4

And write this is my last will and testament, I am of sound mind and I revoke all former wills and codicils and intentionally wish to die intestate

have it witnessed and signed and that is your last will

Yes, yes to the above two posts.

It is very difficult to cancel a will without making some form of new one, any originals (or even copies) could remain valid (and you're dead, so you can't check up on the use of "stray" wills).

As @al007 says, just make a new will that gives nothing to anyone.

QED.

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

Yes, yes to the above two posts.

It is very difficult to cancel a will without making some form of new one, any originals (or even copies) could remain valid (and you're dead, so you can't check up on the use of "stray" wills).

As @al007 says, just make a new will that gives nothing to anyone.

QED.

Or leave it all to me and I'll make sure that anyone gets nothing at all.