Dealing with serious Rosacea

scoutman360

I have always had a good complexion and good skin. But suddenly, over 50+ yr old, I got some blemishes on my face. It happened suddenly after 10+ years in Thailand. I went to the best doctors here in Bangkok and they told me there is no cure. It is dermatitis and it happens. Sometimes due to stress, or due to chemical exposure, and sometimes... who knows. The cream they gave me only worked for a few weeks.

I did my own research on the internet and...for the most part... they were right. But I came across some university articles that said acne from rosacea may be a symptom of mites that live on our skin. They excrete more bacteria than usual that causes the infection from people with rosacea. They recommended metronidazole gel (Flagil) which is a strong anti-bacterial agent. I am happy to say that my sufferings are gone. And after 1 year of suffering, I have a clear face and do not use the gel anymore. The slight redness from rosacea I can improve with laser treatment.

I am not trying to put down the doctors in any way. They have all helped me so much in the past. I am only posting this to help people that have had the same frustration and suffering as me, and didn't know what to do. Do your research. I am glad that I did.

Archived