buying a small business for girlfriend

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

I suppose it's great if the OP never wants to see his wife & very rarely holiday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought that... very, very odd anyone would want their partner working all those hours in a clothes shop

1 hour ago, DILLIGAD said:

I suppose it's great if the OP never wants to see his wife & very rarely holiday.

We are not all lovers like you ! When I have finish with them (i dont have only 1), yes, I prefer that women go back to work, as I am not paying anything for them !

We are not all lovers like you ! When I have finish with them (i dont have only 1), yes, I prefer that women go back to work, as I am not paying anything for them !

So glad you know so much about me. Tarot cards or Tea leaves?

4 hours ago, binjalin said:

you are seriously suggesting 'bar fines' are people trafficking?  really?  free-will bar fines??? 

The term is "Human Trafficking" and yes, "bar fines" are a part of it all. We are referring to when a "debt" is created out of thin air and pressure applied on the girl to get it paid before she quits working in addition to garnishment of wages and commissions earned (despite the fact she's not legally employed which is another contributor). You don't have to believe me mate. Go ahead, dip your willy into it buying a so called "bar" and tell the judge while you face ten years to life in jail in a third world country. Is it really worth that risk to you? If so, "go ahead, make my day" as you are indeed a breed apart. God Bless You and OO.(sorry to add this comment but the member asked, thank you)

6 minutes ago, BruceMangosteen said:

"bar fines" are a part of it all. We are referring to when a "debt" is created out of thin air and pressure applied on the girl to get it paid before she quits working in addition to garnishment of wages and commissions earned

Which are two entirely different things.

It's like saying the motorcycle taxi drivers are pimps because they take money from prostitutes driving them to their customer's hotel (= actual ridiculous French LAW !!!!)

You confuse coercion into prostitution (=debt) with barfine (=paid by a customer to the bar for having one bar employee take the day off). The barfine is part of the voluntary system and does not include any coercitive aspects.

OP

Not giving you negative advise.

Go to toyota and down payment 100k for a new vios and finance the rest with toyota leasing @ 2.88%. Make her drive for uber/grab in pattaya and it should make a few hundreds baht after costing 5-6 hours drive.

Use the money to pay the installments and top up if fall short (unlikely if she drives it 5 days a week). Let her keep if there's a profit. 

If she refused to drive it like a job - walk out.

Your max lost is the down payment.

She is 400k debt deep. 

If she does it well, you got a financially subsidized wife and a car.

26 minutes ago, manarak said:

Which are two entirely different things.

It's like saying the motorcycle taxi drivers are pimps because they take money from prostitutes driving them to their customer's hotel (= actual ridiculous French LAW !!!!)

You confuse coercion into prostitution (=debt) with barfine (=paid by a customer to the bar for having one bar employee take the day off). The barfine is part of the voluntary system and does not include any coercitive aspects.

You can make those silly analogies and claims to a judge holding a gavel with charges sitting in front of him/her. ten years to life....The barfine is by definition coercive because she "can't" leave without it being paid...Ramp it up, add in underage, you'll get there mate. You might also google "indentured servitude" for proper context. Again, give it a go if you think it's worth ten plus years in a third world prison. The TV team isn't going to let our discussion go on much longer so God Bless You and OO. I thank them for allowing it this long. 

3 hours ago, abab said:

Could you please explain that?  You seem to be a weird gnome. 

23 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

Now look what you've done!!!
In post 143, he said he'd finished here!!!
OO!

I was referring to the Songkran period. Today is a new dry day. No more internet service problems or drunks on the highways. God Bless You and OO. 

2 minutes ago, ajarngreg said:

Could you please explain that?  You seem to be a weird gnome. 

He, as are most, is paying for the companion(s). The OP here is in a real relationship and considering a legitimate investment in a small business, a market stall which is one of the very smallest and easiest to get in to. He's not being worked as is the case with building a house in the middle of nowhere he doesn't own and won't ever sell. God Bless You and OO. 

Been there, done that never expected it to make any money, but kept the Mrs busy and happy for a while, it was when they had the stalls at the world trade centre.

Initial outlay lost, broke even for a while despite any small profit pocket money being spent drinking with the other stall owners late into the early morning.

When the stalls eventually were shut down, clothes went to family members, pretty much no lessons learned as expected.

To be honest before anyone goes funding a business for a girlfriend or even wife for that matter make sure they are serious about it by getting them to save and put up half the cash before they start, if they are not serious about working hard then its just naive to think you are not just paying money to keep them busy for a while.

10 minutes ago, BruceMangosteen said:

You can make those silly analogies and claims to a judge holding a gavel with charges sitting in front of him/her. ten years to life....The barfine is by definition coercive because she "can't" leave without it being paid...Ramp it up, add in underage, you'll get there mate. You might also google "indentured servitude" for proper context. Again, give it a go if you think it's worth ten plus years in a third world prison. The TV team isn't going to let our discussion go on much longer so God Bless You and OO. I thank them for allowing it this long. 

She can leave without it being paid but she won't have that job tomorrow. It should be kept in mind that there are many times more applicants than vacancies in bars. From the bar's point of view she is employed there in order to bring in business. If she is absent then all bets are off. If she chooses not to be there during some business hours then she should reimburse the bar for what profits could have been made during that period. This is not a rip-off - it is just sound business.

On 4/15/2017 at 2:42 PM, Halfaboy said:

Start wit a detailed business plan which should include all the parameters. Once finished ask your self weather this is all viable. All costs should be included. Not only the purchase costs but also all the 'tail end'costs'. 

Don't forget to look around and have a talk to other entrepreneurs.

I have a business plan .

But T-shirts for 100 Baht, sell them for 150 Baht

Sell 50 T-shrts everday and making 2500 per day profit 

Thats 75 000 Baht per month , take away 15 000 Baht for rent

And you are left with 60 000 Baht per month profit

Open up three shops and you will be making 180 000 profit per month

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I have a business plan .

Wishful thinking...:saai:

On the subject of buying a small business for a girlfriend it seems to me to be the lesser of two evils, provided a girl is worthy of your trust. The outlay can be minimal and can give her a sense of pride and purpose. The alternative is to be constantly shelling out money to meet her needs and those of her family, and her living an idle life with all the risks that that involves. Thai women are not afraid to put in long hours and hard work but they lack a sense of planning and order, which is where you may be able to help. Her business might become so successful that it can comfortably support the both of you. Don't be put off by the Knockers, most of whom have only ever worked for wages so don't know what they are talking about.

5 minutes ago, Saladin said:

She can leave without it being paid but she won't have that job tomorrow. It should be kept in mind that there are many times more applicants than vacancies in bars. From the bar's point of view she is employed there in order to bring in business. If she is absent then all bets are off. If she chooses not to be there during some business hours then she should reimburse the bar for what profits could have been made during that period. This is not a rip-off - it is just sound business.

Hi. Let's dispel some of this for the benefit of the unknowing and naive.. She didn't have a "job" today in reality, so tomorrow was always in doubt..If there are "many times more" girls looking for work in bars, how do you explain the appearance of many in same? I mean and ask, who is looking at them and doing the background checks, the drug test, the medical checks?..If she should "reimburse the bar" for lost profits, well we ask that old question, why do you need the bar in the first place? Can't she just "reimburse" you without the "bar"?...Making the "employees" responsible for the profits is "sound business" in what world? God Bless you Mate. Nice, but ti's all been said and said and said before. Not grounds for dismissal of the charges. Thank you again to the forum for allowing this concept to be brought to the surface and put in clear clean air for all to make their own decisions. Back to the OP and concept of taking real risks with your trusted partner. 

6 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I have a business plan .

The big weakness in your plan is will you be able to sell 50 per day? That's a lot unless you are in a prime location.

5 minutes ago, BruceMangosteen said:

Hi. Let's dispel some of this for the benefit of the unknowing and naive.. She didn't have a "job" today in reality, so tomorrow was always in doubt..If there are "many times more" girls looking for work in bars, how do you explain the appearance of many in same? I mean and ask, who is looking at them and doing the background checks, the drug test, the medical checks?..If she should "reimburse the bar" for lost profits, well we ask that old question, why do you need the bar in the first place? Can't she just "reimburse" you without the "bar"?...Making the "employees" responsible for the profits is "sound business" in what world? God Bless you Mate. Nice, but ti's all been said and said and said before. Not grounds for dismissal of the charges. Thank you again to the forum for allowing this concept to be brought to the surface and put in clear clean air for all to make their own decisions. Back to the OP and concept of taking real risks with your trusted partner. 

She can 'reimburse' me without the bar but she won't find me without the bar, hence the bar has some rights.

9 minutes ago, Saladin said:

On the subject of buying a small business for a girlfriend it seems to me to be the lesser of two evils, provided a girl is worthy of your trust. The outlay can be minimal and can give her a sense of pride and purpose. The alternative is to be constantly shelling out money to meet her needs and those of her family, and her living an idle life with all the risks that that involves. Thai women are not afraid to put in long hours and hard work but they lack a sense of planning and order, which is where you may be able to help. Her business might become so successful that it can comfortably support the both of you. Don't be put off by the Knockers, most of whom have only ever worked for wages so don't know what they are talking about.

But some of us have been here a long time and seen the tears...

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

I have a business plan .

Those must be awesome t-shirts.  Do you have any competition?  If not, ask yourself why not.  And if you do manage to sell 50 t-shirts on day 1, Thais will notice, and knock up tents right next to you selling them for 110 Baht - and be happy with the +500 Baht a day.

Edited by 55Jay

On 17/04/2017 at 9:31 AM, philliphn said:

Invest in her education. This way she can get a job and earn a better living. Pay for her to learn to speak the English language proficiently.

Cambridge, Harvard, Oxford? Have to be honest, the Thai education system is to say the least Mickey mouse.

2 hours ago, BruceMangosteen said:

total nonsense.

the girl can leave anytime, she just won't get paid.

you are on the same page as the silly NGOs which mix everything in the same bag, slavery, trafficking, underage, etc.

did you ever get some first hand experience of how things work?

2 hours ago, Saladin said:

err, no, this is abusive and anyway not what happens in reality, although some abusive bar operators might try to pull that off.

the reality is, the girls can just walk away, and yes, it will anger the bar owner and she won't  have a job there anymore, but there are plenty of other places.

things are different in places catering to locals, but this is a different type of venue, they are illegal brothels, not beer bars.

3 hours ago, BruceMangosteen said:

The term is "Human Trafficking" and yes, "bar fines" are a part of it all. We are referring to when a "debt" is created out of thin air and pressure applied on the girl to get it paid before she quits working in addition to garnishment of wages and commissions earned (despite the fact she's not legally employed which is another contributor). You don't have to believe me mate. Go ahead, dip your willy into it buying a so called "bar" and tell the judge while you face ten years to life in jail in a third world country. Is it really worth that risk to you? If so, "go ahead, make my day" as you are indeed a breed apart. God Bless You and OO.(sorry to add this comment but the member asked, thank you)

you must be practicing sarcasm right?  you can't possibly believe that?  I have been here a decade and there is NO 'debt' they 'have to' pay off - what a load of <deleted>

and stop saying 'OO' and don't bring 'God' into it you condescending, self-righteous **** 

38 minutes ago, binjalin said:

you must be practicing sarcasm right?  you can't possibly believe that?  I have been here a decade and there is NO 'debt' they 'have to' pay off - what a load of <deleted>

nice to know there are ethical brothel keepers