Fan rebuilder

Randell

Does anyone know of a shop that repairs and rebuilds fans. I have a very new looking 16 in. Hatari fan past warranty but it popped and stopped working. I can afford a new one but if possible would prefer to repair. I think my being 66 has something to do with that. You know not throwing old things away. ha ha. I live outside of Wiang Chai in a village of Ban Tri Keaw but there isn't any shops near me that still do this type of work. So anywhere in the surrounding CR city area would suffice. Thanks

Randell 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My apologies for not updating the situation I totally forgot to and have had the fan back in use for more than a week.

The bottom line , it cost more than I'd hoped but still less than half the fan original cost.  The bill was 390 baht for a re-wound  motor and am not sure if anything else was changed I presume not. The type of fan was originally 850 baht so I am happy with the result. Not so much if it craps out but you take your chances. That seemed to be his price for the motors all motors so anything smaller and cheaper would not be worth it. But I am happy, I wanted to fix it just because that's the way I am. I tend not to throw things away and wait to repurpose their use. Also to do with my age I guess I was brought up in a fix it world not a throwaway world of today. I think my Scots, and Irish heritage reinforces this as well.

So there you have guys thank you all for your input without which I wouldn't have gotten as far as I did you guys are invaluable. Cheers

Randell