Will khaki ducks eat banana plants?

In the worst of taste.... 

What you need is a wooden crate, hammer, nails, meat grinder, a hose and of course, bananas and a duck. Worked a treat in produced enlarged duck livers so why not? Nail the ducks feet into the bottom of the box, insert the tube down it's throat......

OR....

Offer the duck a banana, does it eat it? 

24 minutes ago, IsaanAussie said:

What you need is a wooden crate, hammer, nails, meat grinder, a hose and of course, bananas and a duck. Worked a treat in produced enlarged duck livers so why not? Nail the ducks feet into the bottom of the box, insert the tube down it's throat......

OR....

Hi, I'm sure it would eat a banana, my question was specifically about the plant itself. A khaki could not reach the bunch. 

OR....

I hope you are just kidding...
Force feeding of ducks is the most disgusting, sickening animal cruelty I can imagine

57 minutes ago, johnfisher said:

Of course he was joking kharki are not used for foie gras, that would be muscovy, please anyone with valid input?

I would never nail a duck in a box. Nails are expensive! However couldn't swear to never having eaten "duck in a box" pate. Will make sure I read the packaging more carefully in future. 

Whatever animals or birds you raise, the outcome depends largely your husbandry skills. I pride myself on those skills hence I KNOW that a duck would not be happy being nailed in a box. I also know they are hard enough to catch, let alone easy to hold down while you reached for hammer and nails. 

Yes I was joking.

As part of a ducks diet bananas and watermelon can be included.

The pseudo stem of the banana plant and taro foliage can be fed but must be ensiled first.

Duck weed and chopped water spinach are also suitable but the later should be restricted.

Normal spinach should not be used as this can affect calcium absorption.

Ensure plenty of fresh clean drinking water is available and feed and water containers are cleaned daily.

I have bananas growing, chickens but no ducks. When the bananas are harvested the stems are cut down and initially heaped up with any leaves. That creates great conditions for insects and the chickens go for them amid the pile. Maybe the same for ducks.