Nigerian man beaten after giving the middle finger in Pattaya

webfact

So the Nigerian was stupid. That doesn't give these Thai morons the right to beat the shit out of him and walk away without being arrested.
I'm surprised at how many on here seem to think it is OK. I wonder if they have never done something stupid and what the consequences were.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Geordie59 said:

So the Nigerian was stupid. That doesn't give these Thai morons the right to beat the shit out of him and walk away without being arrested.
I'm surprised at how many on here seem to think it is OK. I wonder if they have never done something stupid and what the consequences were.

Doing something stupid, like giving the finger, could get you hurt or even killed in many places. Would you do it in Harlem?

14 minutes ago, Geordie59 said:

He was stupid to show a Thai his middle finger. I wouldn't do that if I were in the UK,, or elsewhere, because I know what would happen to me.

His Thai gf was of no help. She should have known that this won't help him. 

2 minutes ago, ajarngreg said:

He was stupid to show a Thai his middle finger. I wouldn't do that if I were in the UK,, or elsewhere, because I know what would happen to me.

You would be set upon by a gang of guys armed with weapons in the UK - possible but not in most places I know in the UK. And if it did happen the culprits would be chased down and punished by the law.
My point was and still is people seem be saying that if you a bit stupid it is OK to get bottles smashed over your head. Sorry, but I do not think it is acceptable to simple accept this response. 
Stupid - YES. Response deserved and OK - NO.

12 minutes ago, Geordie59 said:

You would be set upon by a gang of guys armed with weapons in the UK - possible but not in most places I know in the UK. And if it did happen the culprits would be chased down and punished by the law.
My point was and still is people seem be saying that if you a bit stupid it is OK to get bottles smashed over your head. Sorry, but I do not think it is acceptable to simple accept this response. 
Stupid - YES. Response deserved and OK - NO.

Response deserved? No. Result predictable? Yes.

5 hours ago, tonray said:

The place is a joke...why would anyone want to live there.

I may be biased, but I think Pattaya is a much nicer place to live than Bangkok. Also, compared to any major city in U.S. or U.K., it is much safer as long as one does not go around insulting people. 

I do believe it is the safest place I have ever lived in, though I hear Japan is hard to beat :)

4 minutes ago, Canceraid said:

Does anyone have the contact details of all the thais involved, need to invite them at my condo project at Onnut 46 as we have we have two suspicious- looking rude Nigerians staying here.

Don't worry, they usually supply shops and dudes with coke only. Well, some of them deliver ice as well. Not too bad in this climate, or?

4 minutes ago, Raymonddiaz said:

Never go to Sin city if you wanna be happy. Pattaya is the worst place to live in Thailand. A real man never cries BTW........Stop crying!!!!

Where is the best place?

1 hour ago, phantomfiddler said:

I may be biased, but I think Pattaya is a much nicer place to live than Bangkok. Also, compared to any major city in U.S. or U.K., it is much safer as long as one does not go around insulting people. 

I do believe it is the safest place I have ever lived in, though I hear Japan is hard to beat :)

Agree with you.sofar we have one bloodnose and a bagsnatch in Pattaya compare this to the crime news from last week in Chicago or Napels..

1 hour ago, phantomfiddler said:

You're joking, right?

6 hours ago, survivalblue said:

One news release states he is a "holidaymaker".  How many Nigerian tourists drive around Pattaya in cars?

He must have an international drivers license, and if he really arrived on holiday, what does he need a car for at night in Pattaya?

Pattaya is a relatively small town and easily navigated on foot. 

I think this story maybe has more to it than a guy waving his middle finger and taking a beating.

And why did he get out of his car?

As you hint at, not many Nigerian tourist in Thailand, just crooks so I hope they checked his VISA or overstay.

Oddly, the 'finger' is no a common insult in Nigeria, over there they use a gesture where they flick all 5 digits in your direction to express the same sentiment.

Coming from Africa you'd expect that guy to be a bit more street wise about dealing with savages. Getting out of a car to confront a pack of drunken savages is dumb dumb dumb.

1 minute ago, toofarnorth said:

Yesterday it was 2 ferlung causing grief , today a Nigerian , there must be more I have missed , must go to Patts next year sounds like so much fun.

It's called Fiercelang......

Why would he be. I've lived in Pattaya 8 years, never had a problem.

It's like any big vibrant tourist resort if you go looking for it you will find it.

I've witnessed many scuffles and one particularly brutal encounter involving two English guys and a group of Thais. Most have a common theme. Taught me a very valuable lesson and I've spent many years enjoying Pattaya and all it has to offer without the slightest hint of trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Archived