Any suggestions on pros and cons of having a baby in Thailand, US or in my case Myanmar?

My GF Myanmar if we were to have a kid. Are there any advantages of having the kid in the US, Thailand or Myanmar? Ultimately advantages for the kid. Anyhow I keep searching for info on this subject and haven't found anything.. seems important and interesting. Thanks,

You are a US citizen ? 

Birth Abroad to One Citizen and One Alien Parent in Wedlock

A child born abroad to one U.S. citizen parent and one alien parent acquires U.S. citizenship at birth under Section 301(g) of the INA provided the U.S. citizen parent was physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for the time period required by the law applicable at the time of the child's birth. (For birth on or after November 14, 1986, a period of five years physical presence, two after the age of fourteen, is required. For birth between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986, a period of ten years, five after the age of fourteen, is required for physical presence in the United States or one of its outlying possessions to transmit U.S. citizenship to the child.) The U.S. citizen parent must be the genetic or the gestational parent and the legal parent of the child under local law at the time and place of the child’s birth to transmit U.S. citizenship.

Birth Abroad Out-of-Wedlock to a U.S. Citizen Father – “New” Section 309(a)

A person born abroad out-of-wedlock to a U.S. citizen father may acquire U.S. citizenship under Section 301(g) of the INA, as made applicable by the “new” Section 309(a) of the INA provided:

1. A blood relationship between the person and the father is established by clear and convincing evidence;
  2. The father had the nationality of the United States at the time of the person’s birth;
  3. The father was physically present in the United States or its outlying possessions prior to the child’s birth for five years, at least two of which were after reaching the age of 14.
  4. The father (unless deceased) has agreed in writing to provide financial support for the person until the person reaches the age of 18 years, and
  5. While the person is under the age of 18 years --
  • the person is legitimated under the law of his/her residence or domicile,
  • the father acknowledges paternity of the person in writing under oath, or
  • the paternity of the person is established by adjudication of a competent court.

thanks - that is some great information. We aren't pregnant, however, we did have a close call recently. All of it made we want to think about how to go about it when and if we decide to make a kid. We're pretty solid and I 've earned enough miles to know it. And yes, I am an American citizen. 

Do you know of any advantage of getting married in the US as compared to Thailand or Myanmar? My understanding is Thailand is preferred over Myanmar. I am assuming US is preferred over Thailand as well. but there is a certain fine line between all of the choices. ie. I've heard we can't live together in Myanmar if we are not married. We want to live in Myanmar while we get the best visa (spouse or finance visa).. still in the process of figuring it all out. 

So again, thanks... I'm still a little random sorting it out. 

• 2 weeks later...

What if we only have a choice between having a baby in Myanmar or Thailand. My gf is from Myanmar. It seems there could be some advantages for the kid if he was born in Thailand. 

Apparently, healthcare is a lot cheaper and easier to deal with in Myanmar, however, I have had great experiences with Thailand's health care. I get it.. as long as you have money. I don't have any health insurance, so I'll have to check on the prices too and weigh all things: salary, benefits etc.... 

thanks