Re-entry Permit

Currently I have a Tourist Visa and am going out of Thailand for a non-O Visa base on retirement as I have multiple Visa Exempts and enough Tourist Visas from Vientiane to warrant a warning stamp.  If I am successful in getting the re-entry permit and then I get the desired non-0 later is it possible to re-enter using the non-0 even though I already have a re-entry permit?

I'm just caculating my options prior to my non-O visa run for possible problems.  Right now if the worst were to happen the re-entry permit will give me at least two more options to get my ducks in a row.

I think you will find you will not get an re-entry permit based on a tourist visa. Once you get the Non- Imm O and retirement permit you can then apply for a re-entry permit (single B1900, multiple 3800).

There is no rule saying you can not get a re-entry for a permission to stay from a TR visa.

If you get the Non-O this will be used for entry (fill departure card respectively and point to visa).

12 minutes ago, Jimi007 said:

What papers are required for a re entry permit? I haven't done one in a while, but I think it's a TM 8, copy of the passport ID page and copy of my new extension. Anything else?

TM8 form with a 4 X 6 photo attached.

Besides what you wrote. visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

On 4/21/2017 at 7:44 PM, Psimbo said:

I think you will find you will not get an re-entry permit based on a tourist visa. Once you get the Non- Imm O and retirement permit you can then apply for a re-entry permit (single B1900, multiple 3800).

Not true. I have done this many times no problems. Here is what they look like. And single entries are 1000 baht not 1900.

re.jpg

Edited by calbts2
more info added
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

TM8 form with a 4 X 6 photo attached.

Besides what you wrote. visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

Thank you! I will print out another copy of my departure card entry stamp and then make a copy of my new one year visa extension when I pick up my passport at Phuket Immigration tomorrow

16 hours ago, calbts2 said:

Not true. I have done this many times no problems. Here is what they look like. And single entries are 1000 baht not 1900.

re.jpg

But have you gotten a 1000 baht single re-entry permit on a TR visa recently?

Edited by NanLaew

Actually yes. I got a SETV in Yangon in late January, came back to Bangkok for a week or so, left Thailand for over a month and acquired a re-entry permit at Changwattana before I left.

When I returned to Don Muang (which is notoriously not one of the friendlier entry points) last month the IO at first could not understand why I used a re-entry permit and was out of Thailand on it for so long. But she was not confrontational or questioning - it was more bewilderment. I just calmly told her that I try to avoid coming by Visa Exempt as much as possible and she stamped me in no problems.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 4/21/2017 at 7:44 PM, Psimbo said:

Wrong! I got a re-entry permit based on my tourist visa, 2 years ago, no problem at all. Then are you sure about the fees that you displayed? Single entry is 1000 Baht only ,not 1.900 unless they're changed lately.  But 3.800 for multi-entry is correct 

Edited by roadrunner32
  • Like 1