Non immigrant o for philipine people possible that another person can guarantee for?

Hello!

I have a friend from philipine, she is teacher since 8 years, now she thinking about to stop teaching , but since 2014 philipine citizen cannot make tourist visa anymore !

What other possibilities she have to get a non o visa ?

Her son have a non o also allowed to stay one year but proberbly only when she working !

Can another person guarantee for her a non o?

How high the bank saving must be, for a non o visa ? Possible to stay one year with non o also when she not work like here son, or also must leave after 3 month, I not sure another person can guarantee for her ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

Who told you a person from the Philippines cannot get a tourist visa. I can assure you they can still get them.

There is no sponsorship possible to get a non-o visa.

Her son has probably been on extensions stay as her dependent based upon he extension for teaching. It will end when she stops teaching.

Maybe your friend has many tourist visas in her passport? I know from a friend that it's way more difficult to get a tourist visa for Filipinos. 

A Non-O based on marriage to a Thai isn't possible, nor a Non-O retirement visa. You have to be 50 years old to be able to apply for a retirement visa. And her son must have been on her visa as UJ has already explained.

You, or another person can't make a guarantee for her. The last day of her employment is also the day when her extension of stay ends.

Edited by Livebynight

She told me about the rules for tourist visa on first visit she can stay one month 2. Visit only 14 days , then no possible tourist visa anymore .. I cannot confirm this information is true or not , was thinking everything would be more easy within ASEAN member state country's !

Gesendet von iPhone mit Thaivisa Connect

25 minutes ago, Sandman77 said:

She told me about the rules for tourist visa on first visit she can stay one month 2. Visit only 14 days , then no possible tourist visa anymore .. I cannot confirm this information is true or not , was thinking everything would be more easy within ASEAN member state country's !

That sounds more like what happens with many women visiting Singapore. It does not tally with any rules I can remember for Philippine visitors to Thailand. I can imagine she might have trouble getting a tourist visa but, once she receives it, it allows a 60-day stay extendable for a further 30 days at an immigration office inside Thailand.. Some of the visa run companies in Thailand specialize in taking those from the Philippines to get new visas. Other than that, she could get visa exempt entries which are always for 30 days and, like an entry on a tourist visa, extendable. Obviously, the number of visa exempt entries might be limited.

If she can demonstrate the ability to stay without working, and has a good explanation for her wish to be in Thailand for an extended period, I would be surprised if she ran into problems with tourist entries in less than six months and likely longer.

The other option I concoder when she allready teach in Thailand 7 year and can speak thai how are the rules and Aprox price of a thai passport ?
She must work here 10 years I know some woman from Lao working. Here for long allready have it !

Gesendet von iPhone mit Thaivisa Connect