Pope likens migrant holding centres to 'concentration camps'

webfact

During WW2 did the Vatican and the Pope never protest against the concentration camps and the exterminations of Jews as part of a agreement with Hitler so they would not get bombed off the face of the world.

The Vatican also refused shelter to Jews.

Also there were Catholics on both sides murdering each other.

The bla, bla, bla of this fake makes me want to throw up.

15 hours ago, howbri said:

This man has no business leading hundred of millions of Catholics OR Christians. He's a fraud. He knows less about the bible, the true word of God, than a 2nd grader.

Fail to see how anyone could come to such a conclusion.

His early career as a parish priest in some of the worlds poorest communities is well documented.

He organised food, shelter and education for literally thousands. That is the work we expect from priests. He was very much at the pointy end.

He is the figurehead of a very influential organisation with millions of adherents who hang on his every word.

He has an opinion and people want to hear it.

Because what he says doesnt resonate with some that doesnt mean he doesnt or shouldnt have the right to express them.

Donald trump offends me when he appears even before he utters.

Happy to ridicule and disagree with his every word but i respect his right to spout the bilge he comes out with.

It's called democracy.

5 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I think that the pope and other Catholics could used their money to help the refugee problem. They could build a refugee camp in Italy and house the refugees then teach them to speak Italian, and become workers and Italian immigrants. Don't just complain about conditions somewhere else. Do something about the problem

Geezer

Well one could say the same about queen elizabeth. One of the richest people in the world.  Hundreds of thousands of british people living in shelters or on the streets, long waiting lists in hospitals, schools in disrepair etc etc.  But she still has the begging bowl out year after year.  Wont even pay for her own house repairs.

3 hours ago, Fulwell53 said:

Well one could say the same about queen elizabeth. One of the richest people in the world.  Hundreds of thousands of british people living in shelters or on the streets, long waiting lists in hospitals, schools in disrepair etc etc.  But she still has the begging bowl out year after year.  Wont even pay for her own house repairs.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment - as far as I know the queen hasn't said anything about poverty/migrant camps and the like, whereas the pope left himself wide open to criticism with his comments.

6 hours ago, bandito said:

During WW2 did the Vatican and the Pope never protest against the concentration camps and the exterminations of Jews as part of a agreement with Hitler so they would not get bombed off the face of the world.

The Vatican also refused shelter to Jews.

Also there were Catholics on both sides murdering each other.

The bla, bla, bla of this fake makes me want to throw up.

You appear to be asking a question and making an inference at the same time.

Or am I mistaken

On 24-4-2017 at 11:33 AM, ilostmypassword said:

Do they choose to go to the camps or are they taken there by the authorities?

They arrive wet, hungry, frightened and usually almost penniless. In the camps there is food, a dry bed and basic healthcare. Where would you go?

But to answer your question directly: it's not Hotel California. You can check out AND leave the camp anytime you want. You'll just have to fend for yourself then, and are not allowed to go to mainland Greece. The boat to Turkey, however, is free, and available every day.

You can compare it to your house: you are letting someone you did NOT invite stay for free in the spare room, but you are denying him the run of the house. He's free to leave at any time, though.