New Requirements for Drivers licenses

moe666

Does anyone know if the requirements for a Thai licenses has been changed. In a conversation with someone I know was told that you have to have international licenses to apply for a new license. From what this person said you cannot use your license from home country. This person is a bit misinformed on a few subjects thought I would check this out

Another words.....if you are from an English speaking country and the held license is in English then you don't need the IDP when applying for a Thai license.

If however your license is in Swahili then you would need the IDP as it explains in English (And other languages) what licenses you hold.

37 minutes ago, CMKiwi said:

Another words.....if you are from an English speaking country and the held license is in English then you don't need the IDP when applying for a Thai license.

If however your license is in Swahili then you would need the IDP as it explains in English (And other languages) what licenses you hold.

Thanks to both posters, I have a Thai license already, the source of the information as Isaid earlier is a bit dodgy Just doing some checking do not want to pass on false info

My son -in-law insists that any new applicant for a thai driving licence must produce evidence of taking a course of at least 10 hours instruction with an approved school before applying. Is this True?

1 hour ago, Maybole said:

My son -in-law insists that any new applicant for a thai driving licence must produce evidence of taking a course of at least 10 hours instruction with an approved school before applying. Is this True?

Only if you are paying him...........:stoner:

Archived