How To Get From Pattay To Koh Samui?

AndyGZ

How To Get From Pattay To Koh Samui?, cost-saving route...

Cheapest would be (I think):

bus to BKK

train BKK-Surat Thani

ferry ST - Koh Samui

LaoPo

You are right, cost-saving route was the key main criteria. That is the way I would do it too.

You might find however that paying for boat, then bus, then if you have to stay over in bkk then a bus down to pattaya, the air fare will be no more or even cheaper.

My friend visited me recently from Ko Samui and it did indeed turn out to be no more expensive to fly into Pattaya and of course alot less hassle and much much quicker.

Thanks for the info!

It seems better take the plane!!! Bangkok air rate is around 200 USD for the round trip ticket! Where to find the cheaper one?

Take 12go airlines from bkk to Surat Thani (1700 Baht) then take the bus at the airport to the ferry and off you go!!!

• 1 month later...

bangkok airways make it cheaper to fly from pattaya. yet it is hard to get a taxi to Utpao airport.

the drivers would prefer to take you to bangkok rarther than to utapoao airport. in pattaya

becuase they can pick up customers from bangkok and cannot from pattaya.

stupid money like 1500 baht to pattaya airport and 800 baht to bangkok.

best get a lift off someone.

as for the ferry. when you book it through an internet shop. they will do you a package of bus or train and ferry included yet you will get the forang ferry which takes 3 hrs. sat there in the hot sun. on a smal boat.

best thing to do is go to Hanlapong station book the train yourself there then at the other end n surrathani sneak off and get a taxi to the seatran office. then you book your ticket a free bus comes takes you to donsak then the ferry only takes 1 hr and 30 mins. yet u will find it hard to get a taxi driver becuase the buss companies try and kid nap you to take you on there cheap and nasty boat.

best take a thai lady with you. the taxi driver don;t want to take you becuase they don;t want to get into trouble with the big companies.

maybe lie to the driver ask him to take you to the big C when you are in the car change your minde and go sea tran office