where are the best bike shops in BKK

retoohs

I'm after an exhaust system to take home with me in June for my CB650F. Nearly took one in November when I was last here. I can't find listings for and of the shops in BKK I was going to check out last time. Has Big Bike gone? They had some pretty good copies for a fraction of the price of original systems. Which shops in BKK would I be best to check out.

Cheers

If you're willing to do some scrounging, point your GPS to this building in a Chinatown neighborhood that has everything you'd need to make a car or a bike smell better and look and sound like it's going faster.

100.5081102700983 E 13.74752014075341 N

Once you're there, wander the neighborhood(s) across the street and you'll find block after block of bike (and car) parts shops.  Just stay around the signs that look interesting, and don't go on a Sunday when half of them will be closed.

If you're on a surgical, time critical mission to find that one part, someone else will probably have a better shop with more convenient BTS/MRT access.  I'm a scrounger by nature when it comes to tools and such.  I usually end up buying a lot more than I thought I was there for.

Archived