Malwarebytes update.....PUPs everywhere!!!

xylophone

I received notification that an upgrade to Malwarebytes was available on a 14 day free trial, so I downloaded it and from what I can see, it looks like a good program and even includes an antivirus component.

After I downloaded it and ran it, it uncovered hundreds of PUPs (potentially unwanted programs – yes you know that anyway) and most of those were as a result of my Advanced System Care 10 program and its associated Uninstaller and Malware finder. It seems that Malwarebytes sees these programs as PUPs, however I find them to be very useful and I have used them a lot more than Malwarebytes in the past.

Not only that when I tried to play around with the programs, Advanced System Care recognised some elements of Malwarebytes as PUPs!!!!

Now I have paid for the Advanced System Care programs and find them useful as I said, and I only occasionally use Malwarebytes, but the new upgrade looks great and could well replace my bit Defender free antivirus program (which I occasionally have to disable when loading programs) as well, so I have a dilemma because they both cannot sit on the same computer by all accounts and when I tried this, despite overriding the Malwarebytes program to recognise the other program as a PUP, it still kept flashing up green warning flags all of the time.

Seems there is some bad blood between these two companies and the customers are those who are suffering.

Has anybody got any info on the new Malwarebytes program or indeed my Advance System Care programs because I have to choose one, and for the moment the Advance System Care programs are winning because I've forked out money for them and find them very useful indeed for picking up fragments of programs left behind when I am uninstalling them, whereas others don't seem to.

First of all, Malwarebytes should supplement (not replace) the Bitdefender. They work together well. 

Secondly, Advanced System Care, in my opinion, is less essential, and blown-up with PUPs. This two programs can work together.  Just use an Exclusions tab and put Advanced System Care folder in it. I don't use Advance System Care, but I think there should be a similar option in it.

18 hours ago, MikeWill said:

First of all, Malwarebytes should supplement (not replace) the Bitdefender. They work together well. 

Secondly, Advanced System Care, in my opinion, is less essential, and blown-up with PUPs. This two programs can work together.  Just use an Exclusions tab and put Advanced System Care folder in it. I don't use Advance System Care, but I think there should be a similar option in it.

Thanks for replying, but I did run the Malwarebytes prog after trial install and it seems to have (or Advanced Systemcare has) disrupted something (see attached) so do you know how to go about fixing it???? Please...........

No image.docx