Visa shop for retirements visa

HELLO

I did shop around pattaya in various Visa shops and they all was asking for 25,000 BHT to get the retirment visa. From my side just open a bank acoount.

I was wondreing if i should walk in every shop in thailand to get a lower price or this is acceptable price.

Any specific detail for a better priced shops, please share.

I dont want to run all procedures/papers and transfer money to a bank accounts.

They convert the tourist visa to non immigrant and will give one year and tree months. next year i can do the extention myself. 

Edited by JohnThi

16 minutes ago, JohnThi said:

They convert the tourist visa to non immigrant and will give one year and tree months. next year i can do the extention myself. 

So no money in Thai bank account or proof of monthly income.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JohnThi said:

Then be prepared for a possible shed load of grief if  :hit-the-fan:and the IO next year is not happy

with what occurred this year, but as they say here up to you.................

HELLO

I did shop around pattaya in various Visa shops and they all was asking for 25,000 BHT to get the retirment visa. From my side just open a bank acoount.
I was wondreing if i should walk in every shop in thailand to get a lower price or this is acceptable price.

Any specific detail for a better priced shops, please share.

Doesnt matter who does it for you, you will still have to prepare all the documents from the bank etc yourself they will only fill out the immigration documents on your behalf and go to the immigration to complete the process. And yes 25k is the general price quoted for the first retirement visa, after that 1900 for the extensions which apparently is extremely easy and not generally done by an agent

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Anythingleft? said:

Doesnt matter who does it for you, you will still have to prepare all the documents from the bank etc yourself they will only fill out the immigration documents on your behalf and go to the immigration to complete the process. And yes 25k is the general price quoted for the first retirement visa, after that 1900 for the extensions which apparently is extremely easy and not generally done by an agent

so you think 25,000 baht is the normal price to help with a fully legal extension application

1 hour ago, Anythingleft? said:

And yes 25k is the general price quoted for the first retirement visa,

I have been told by a visa shop owner that the immigration offcial themself transfare the money to customers bank account and redraw it. the shops agents fill no paper at all.

They just transfar the money and the passport to some "official" in the imigration office.

anyway my issue is only with the cost.(dont care how it works)

Edited by JohnThi

so you think 25,000 baht is the normal price to help with a fully legal extension application

Does seem to be the standard rate, two friends have recently gone through this and had the legwork around various agents

If you have at least 800K in your bank for at least 60 days, or a certifiable income of at least 65K, or a combination of the two, getting an extension of stay ("retirement visa") is easy and not worth 25K.

True story

Where i live there was a lady who did stamps, a real artist she was, and for sure and behold.......closed.

Reason, her stamps appeared in Foreigners passports, immigration stamps that is.

9 hours ago, Anythingleft? said:

Does seem to be the standard rate, two friends have recently gone through this and had the legwork around various agents

I went with a friend to mataphut immigration, he applied for a first time one year extension reason retirement, he had a letter from British Embassy, all done with a re-entry permit in 30 minutes 2,900 baht, why would anyone pay 23,100 baht over the odds, unless there's some under the counter transaction taking place.

10 hours ago, JohnThi said:

I have been told by a visa shop owner that the immigration offcial themself transfare the money to customers bank account and redraw it. the shops agents fill no paper at all.

They just transfar the money and the passport to some "official" in the imigration office.

The next time you go for yourself to get an extension it is easily spotted by the next IO, who hasn't received  a bribe, that the money was not properly "seasoned".

That's when the brown stuff hits the fan.

Some get told to go back to the agent, meaning you are stuck with an ongoing unnecessary expense, at very least.

Jeez it's not rocket science - do it yourself, legally.

• Like 1

I went with a friend to mataphut immigration, he applied for a first time one year extension reason retirement, he had a letter from British Embassy, all done with a re-entry permit in 30 minutes 2,900 baht, why would anyone pay 23,100 baht over the odds, unless there's some under the counter transaction taking place.

OP asked for information on prices, why people use the services can vary and entirely up to them to do so

12 hours ago, Anythingleft? said:

Humm... For this kind of money you don't have anything to do!

I think that the "agency" inside Tukcom - that closed in December - was 24'000 baht. For that price, you gave your passport + 24k on day D and you got your passport with your extension from Jomtien Immigration on day D+3. You didn't need 800k or an Embassy letter; you didn't even need to have a Thai bank account. It was simple & easy, but surely illegal. I know many people used them (people without 800k or not wanting to bring the money in Thailand), some of them every year, but never heard on anyone getting problems latter.

I do not recommend such agency of course! It's an illegal way to get an extension and in the future they could well find a way to detect those with these boggy extensions and put them in trouble. Seeing how these agency freely advertise all around Pattaya, seems difficult to think that Jomtien Immigration doesn't already know about this business though...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JohnThi said:

So you want to use an ILLEGAL route and are asking people on here for the cheapest option????????????

Edited by sumrit

I know of two guys who paid 15,000 got their extensions then on first 90 day report locally were told they had to go to where it was issued. Turned out to be Ayuthaya, a two hour drive away.

Edited by overherebc
Keep mixing up there/their ?

13 minutes ago, sumrit said:

So you want to use an ILLEGAL route and are asking people on here for the cheapest option????????????

Well it is a forum for asking questions however his original question had nothing to do with being illegal. Subsequent assumptions and updates from op clearly point in that direction mind. I know a good few people who use this type of service year upon year heck the agents even do there 90 day reports for them as well, If it suits them it's there choice.

Edited by jeab1980
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

Well it is a forum for asking questions however his original question had nothing to do with being illegal. Subsequent assumptions and updates from op clearly point in that direction mind. I know a good few people who use this type of service year upon year heck the agents even do there 90 day reports for them as well, If it suits them it's there choice.

If you look at my post I was responding the the OP's post that did describe wanting to go down the illegal route, not his opening post!

And it's not illegal for an agent/representative to do the 90 day report.

While of course. as you say, it's down to individual choices and this is a this is a forum for asking questions. It's also a forum that is monitored by Thai Immigration. The various changes they make from time to time to try and eliminate various 'loopholes' can often mirror comments and suggestions made on various forums like this one. 

As an example: Americans have (as far as I'm aware) always declared their income to their Embassy without having to provide any proof. There have been various posts here advising Americans to just 'think of any number' when declaring their income to the American Embassy because those figures are never checked............except that, more recently, there have also been posts where Americans are now being asked to provide proof of their income, That affidavit from the Embassy alone is not always sufficient any more.

I'm sure there are a lot of Americans who have always done things properly that now 'love' their selfish countrymen who fiddle the system, which has meant that Immigration is now sometimes insisting on this extra proof and of course people needing to do the extra work that's involved. 

15 minutes ago, sumrit said:

If you look at my post I was responding the the OP's post that did describe wanting to go down the illegal route, not his opening post!

And it's not illegal for an agent/representative to do the 90 day report.

While of course. as you say, it's down to individual choices and this is a this is a forum for asking questions. It's also a forum that is monitored by Thai Immigration. The various changes they make from time to time to try and eliminate various 'loopholes' can often mirror comments and suggestions made on various forums like this one. 

As an example: Americans have (as far as I'm aware) always declared their income to their Embassy without having to provide any proof. There have been various posts here advising Americans to just 'think of any number' when declaring their income to the American Embassy because those figures are never checked............except that, more recently, there have also been posts where Americans are now being asked to provide proof of their income, That affidavit from the Embassy alone is not always sufficient any more.

I'm sure there are a lot of Americans who have always done things properly that now 'love' their selfish countrymen who fiddle the system, which has meant that Immigration is now sometimes insisting on this extra proof and of course people needing to do the extra work that's involved. 

You mention fiddling the system and Immigration monitoring this site 5555 if indeed they do then they would know for sure how gullible farang is.

2 hours ago, sumrit said:

why are you saying it is illegal? if you use the COMBINATION method (fixed monthly certified income + bank deposit) there is no law asking for the deposit to be seasoned, so for example you may ask for a bank loan or a friend giving you the money for few days to be added to your certified monthly income, and then pay him/her back. This is FULLY LEGAL for what I know. Combination method = no seasoning. Am I wrong?

Phuket Immi has required seasoning of the bank deposit portion, using the combo method, to my personal experience for at least three years now.

It is reported a number of other Immi offices have followed this practice.

It is the interpretation of the regulations used that counts.