Main Tourist Police Office -- location?

Trujillo

2 hours ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

i was there two weeks ago. About as useless as a chocolate tea pot.

Farang colleague just took delivery of new expensive car, it was parked legally, another car swerved into the side of the new car and did a lot of damage. Errant driver kept saying that farang cannot get help from police. Car dealership refused to get involved / give a phone number etc.,and refused to inform the insurance company. Thai bystander (spoke English) gave the guy the tel. no of the Tourist Police.

Colleague called the number, about 2.00 pm, woman answered the phone in Thai, Thai bystander took  the phone and quickly established he was talking to the maid. He asked to speak to a tourist policemen, response:

- 'Nobody here, all staff gone to birthday lunch for porkong (captain / leader) not coming back today.' 

21 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Guess it's this one?:

https://www.facebook.com/chiangmaitouristpolice/

196 Moo 1 Si Wichai Rd, 50300 Chiang Mai, Thailand

G.Map:

https://goo.gl/maps/tdW4PSGiekB2

Street View:

https://goo.gl/maps/p54dnAdBP4w

i was there a couple of years ago recovering my stolen road bike and found them very helpful.

there was at the time a former australian policeman at the main polce station near wat pra sing.

he spoke fluent thai and was also very helpful.

Absolutely useless. Tried calling them once about 5 years ago at around 1:00 A.M. for some help with an urgent situation. Called maybe 6 times, letting the phone ring about 25 times each. Finally on the 6th time, someone answered who I had obviously woken up. I explained to him (in Thai) what the problem was. He complained loudly and bitterly that I had woken him up, to call back the next day, and he proceeded to slam the phone down on the hook. Totally useless.

Edited by elektrified

1 minute ago, bazza73 said:

I know - they could really make it interesting by outsourcing the call center function to India:partytime2:

The results would indeed be easier. They just keep perpetuating this joke called Tourist Police. The big wigs can make all the "word" changes they want but at ground level its hey operation as usual. The chain of command sucks. 

Just now, elgordo38 said:

The results would indeed be easier. They just keep perpetuating this joke called Tourist Police. The big wigs can make all the "word" changes they want but at ground level its hey operation as usual. The chain of command sucks. 

I'm on a retirement visa, along with many others. I can't see any point for people like me to involve them ( fingers crossed ) because their remit is probably only for the 30-day tourist visas. I suspect if they were asked to be involved with other visa classes, it would possibly be

MAI DAI ( cannot)

7 minutes ago, bazza73 said:

I'm on a retirement visa, along with many others. I can't see any point for people like me to involve them ( fingers crossed ) because their remit is probably only for the 30-day tourist visas. I suspect if they were asked to be involved with other visa classes, it would possibly be

MAI DAI ( cannot)

They have their hands full in fully avoiding Tourist related problems. Its an art form here.