Visa till Sunday

It's better to go early rather than late, but if your stay ends when immigration is closed they shouldn't charge you for overstaying as long as you apply the first day they re-open. You lose nothing by applying early as the extension will start from when the 60 days ends regardless of when you apply.

• Like 1

It is my understanding that if you visa expires on a weekend or a holiday, you would not be charged for any overstay if you went on the next available working day. However as you say you don't want to jeopardise future visits not that it would why not do it today Thursday that way it's done and dusted

6 hours ago, Chrisdoc123 said:

Thanks for the info. I have a flight out on the 29th of May so didn't want to go early but if the extension starts from when the 60 days ends I'll go on Friday. Cheers.

Sent from my SM-J120G using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just for personal interest, if you're not flying out until May why not just cross a border and get another 60 days? No idea where you are but it might be a cheaper option. 

6 hours ago, Chrisdoc123 said:

Thanks for the info. I have a flight out on the 29th of May so didn't want to go early but if the extension starts from when the 60 days ends I'll go on Friday. Cheers.

Day 1 of your extension will be May 1st and will end at midnight on May 30th. So you're extension will cover your stay.

• Like 1

Just for personal interest, if you're not flying out until May why not just cross a border and get another 60 days? No idea where you are but it might be a cheaper option. 

Hi. I didn't quite understand the process but if I had my time again would do as you suggest. Would have been less painful than waiting around the office and for the visa fee I could have had a short cheap holiday instead. Didn't realise had to pay again for the extension or could get 60 days when I made the plans. Cheers anyway.