Schrick/wilkinson sword razor blades

MINIMIGLIA

Schick disposable twin blades disappeared from 7 eleven's offerings almost two years ago which was a loss for me as they were much better than BIC and the way overpriced Gillette stuff. I now buy then when I am in the US, or their Wilkinson Sword branded razors from the UK.

The closest I have found to a suitable and reasonably priced local alternative disposable twin-blade is Gillette Blue II Plus.

7 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Another choice available here might be Bic - I have had very good luck with below blades from Lotus (the 3 blade model - not the 4 blade).

Do they still sell these? I've been looking for them on and off for a year or so and rarely see them, especially not in large packs. Luckily I still have a couple of packs of four cartridges as I bought a dozen or more a few years ago at 40B per pack of four.

I also just bought several 8-packs of own-brand three-blade razors in Walmart for USD4.50 per pack, which wasnt bad. I got 4 cans of shaving foam as well for USD1 each. The same cans are 130B here.

2 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Luckily I still have a couple of packs of four cartridges as I bought a dozen or more a few years ago at 40B per pack of four.

Use them while you can.  I unearthed a package of some old, like probably 15+ years old, Bic disposables and when I used them the plastic cracked and broke where the handle meets the blade head.  Guess they didn't engineer the plastic to be used as antiques.  :whistling:

8 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Do they still sell these? I've been looking for them on and off for a year or so and rarely see them, especially not in large packs. Luckily I still have a couple of packs of four cartridges as I bought a dozen or more a few years ago at 40B per pack of four.

I also just bought several 8-packs of own-brand three-blade razors in Walmart for USD4.50 per pack, which wasnt bad. I got 4 cans of shaving foam as well for USD1 each. The same cans are 130B here.

I obtain from Tesco Lotus but admit have not seen elsewhere and what I bought on Ebay (Bic) were not of the same quality.  These appear to last much longer and be sharper (but do not nick).  Tesco has started to sell 4 blade but found them poor quality. 

Since alternatives have been mentioned, suggest you get a double edge safety razor; Lazada has a selection here: http://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=double edge safety razor

and get a box of blades from a beauty supply house (one across from Big C Extra or on Pattaya Tai not far from the market, same side), 100 blades for about B200, Astra recommended; and then start shaving like a Real Man®, like dad or grandad. Add a brush and proper soap so that shaving becomes a pleasant daily ritual more than just a chore.

Edited by JSixpack

ARKO  Shave soap,  E-bay  from Turkey , cheap and very good quality.

Wilkinson shave brush From Uk, or loads on E-Bay, cheap and Good quality.

Gillette Blue 11 Plus Lotus / Big C  very  cheap, very good.

Cut the sick up and push it into the trusted Old Spice shaving mug,  perfect shave every time.

Gave up with Pattaya for the above,  maybe times have changed and you can get it all here now , who knows.

Arko_shavingsoap.jpg

0345690_l.jpg

gillette-razor.jpg

Edited by onemorechang

3 hours ago, onemorechang said:

Cut the sick up and push it into the trusted Old Spice shaving mug,  perfect shave every time.

No, a shave stick is used for face lathering. Cutting it up is rather absurd but the kind of thing a TVF poster would do I suppose. Shaving pucks or cream is lathered in a bowl (or mug, though a mug is normally just for loading the brush nowadays).

And you haven't yet made the transition to Manhood®, tied to that plastic crap. Nor are our Cheap Charlies impressed, when they could be paying 2 baht/blade. Now Gillette used to make some fine non-rubbish razors, like the classic Super Speed:

IMGP3547.jpg

But no more. Find a used one of those, or other vintage Gillette models, on Ebay if you must have Gillette.

Edited by JSixpack

1 hour ago, JSixpack said:

No, a shave stick is used for face lathering. Cutting it up is rather absurd but the kind of thing a TVF poster would do I suppose. Shaving pucks or cream is lathered in a bowl (or mug, though a mug is normally just for loading the brush nowadays).

And you haven't yet made the transition to Manhood®, tied to that plastic crap. Nor are our Cheap Charlies impressed, when they could be paying 2 baht/blade. Now Gillette used to make some fine non-rubbish razors, like the classic Super Speed:

IMGP3547.jpg

But no more. Find a used one of those, or other vintage Gillette models, on Ebay if you must have Gillette.

No you can keep that type of razor.

Shave stick is  to messy,

Edited by Rimmer

20 hours ago, wpcoe said:

Use them while you can.  I unearthed a package of some old, like probably 15+ years old, Bic disposables and when I used them the plastic cracked and broke where the handle meets the blade head.  Guess they didn't engineer the plastic to be used as antiques.  :whistling:

The plastic used in all those disposable razors is pretty cheap, but that used in these cartridges and the razor itself seems to be very good. I've been using the actual Bic razor for at least three years (though not with the same cartridge obviously).

I will be interested to see the quality of the ones I got from Walmart when I try them. They appear to be a step up from the cheapest fixed disposable sort though it's hard to tell through the packaging.

2 minutes ago, MINIMIGLIA said:

I doubt it schrick Quattro are in packs of 4 or 8 thanks anyway

Nah for sure they are, but if it is Shick your after and not schrick well then yeah they only come in packs of 4 or 8.

9 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Nah for sure they are, but if it is Shick your after and not schrick well then yeah they only come in packs of 4 or 8.

Actually it is spelt Schick, just copied from the actual razor, and best by a mile, will have to get some sent from UK I guess

5 minutes ago, MINIMIGLIA said:

Actually it is spelt Schick, just copied from the actual razor, and best by a mile, will have to get some sent from UK I guess

Why ? When as stated above they are in Makro.

24 minutes ago, MINIMIGLIA said:

Ahh see I was talking about Schrick, as per the thread title.