Merkel warns Britons - don't delude yourself over Brexit

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, oilinki said:

EU wishes brexiters to stop whining "But, we are so important, can't you see we are leaving? Why don't you try to stop us leaving. We are so important!"

You are not.  Please just brexit. Get on with it. We have more important things to take care of. 

Clearly. That's why you are posting incessantly on the subject rather than just moving on :coffee1:.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Clearly. That's why you are posting incessantly on the subject rather than just moving on :coffee1:.

And you think this topic is only about UK? Perhaps you should reconsider? 

EU wishes brexiters to stop whining "But, we are so important, can't you see we are leaving? Why don't you try to stop us leaving. We are so important!"

You are not.  Please just brexit. Get on with it. We have more important things to take care of. 

I assure you not 'all' of us are either whining or think we're so important, one factor being regularly ignored is the consistent media tripe that's being aired by the anti-Brexit brigade. We also just want to get on with it.

Lastly, People's viewpoint should be mutually respected irrespective if it's disagreed or not by other forum members, constructive criticism is refreshingly welcome although individual country slander just to poorly prove a point just fails to win the argument and lessens the strength of the narrative within the post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, oilinki said:

And you think this topic is only about UK? Perhaps you should reconsider? 

Eh???

You keep claiming that the UK is an irrelevance and nonentity, so, logically, you should have no interest in the UK. But you post incessantly about the UK on these threads. It's just yet another of the seemingly endless examples of intellectual dishonesty which spews from the remain camp.

One thing I have learned from the last ten months is: not only do I not trust the EU one iota, I don't trust it's supporters either.

4 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Eh???

You keep claiming that the UK is an irrelevance and nonentity, so, logically, you should have no interest in the UK. But you post incessantly about the UK on these threads. It's just yet another of the seemingly endless examples of intellectual dishonesty which spews from the remain camp.

One thing I have learned from the last ten months is: not only do I not trust the EU one iota, I don't trust it's supporters either.

This thread is about EU and as well UK.

5 hours ago, Khun Han said:

Eh???

I don't think you will find that Remain supporters have issued death threats against their opponents. I don't think you will find that Remain supporters have assassinated any of their opponents. I don't think you will find Remain supporters compare their opponents on this forum to a person who was convicted and executed for treason at the end of WW2. 

Given some of the remarks you have directed at me personally or someone you thought was me I don't think you are in any position to take the moral high ground about anything.

16 hours ago, Grouse said:

It's been damn good for the UK.

Most issues which give cause for complaint are Westminster issues, not Brussels.

That's just such a silly thing to say on this topic, Grouse.

57 minutes ago, nauseus said:

That's just such a silly thing to say on this topic, Grouse.

Not at all. Westminster policies are the root cause of UK inequality  (in addition to rising automation, robotics and AI) which is the root cause of much (but not all) of the dissatisfaction with the status quo.

The British Economy has done well while part of the EU 

I have already listed 42 benefits of EU membership and can post a second tier of benefits.

Sorry that you feel that you are not a beneficiary; I am, as are my family, friends and collegues. I certainly look to a more Trumpian, distopian future with real dread!

Edited by Grouse

The fact that all mainstream media were pushing, cajoling, fear mongering (Alf Garnet in response to the UK being left 'a tiny offshore island' - 'Offshore? Off what bloody shore?') should give no pause for doubt entering the undemocratic unaccountable billionaire boys club was a big mistake, as I'd warned at the time, and the UK is better off out of it. Merkel was simply the last straw, she should now keep her mouth firmly and hopefully permanently SHUT.

3 hours ago, pitrevie said:

I don't think you will find that Remain supporters have issued death threats against their opponents. I don't think you will find that Remain supporters have assassinated any of their opponents. I don't think you will find Remain supporters compare their opponents on this forum to a person who was convicted and executed for treason at the end of WW2. 

Given some of the remarks you have directed at me personally or someone you thought was me I don't think you are in any position to take the moral high ground about anything.

On the other hand - remain supporters have frequently posted that brexit supporters are fascists/racists/ unintelligent/uneducated...

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

On the other hand - remain supporters have frequently posted that brexit supporters are fascists/racists/ unintelligent/uneducated...

Well many were, I think if someone said all were then you would be right to complain. As Will Self the Guardian journalist said, ‘Not all Brexiters are racists, but almost all racists will be voting for Brexit’.

However rather pales into insignificance compared to death threats and assassination.

16 minutes ago, pitrevie said:

Well many were, I think if someone said all were then you would be right to complain. As Will Self the Guardian journalist said, ‘Not all Brexiters are racists, but almost all racists will be voting for Brexit’.

However rather pales into insignificance compared to death threats and assassination.

And as Diane Abbott said

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

Not at all. Westminster policies are the root cause of UK inequality  (in addition to rising automation, robotics and AI) which is the root cause of much (but not all) of the dissatisfaction with the status quo.

The British Economy has done well while part of the EU 

I have already listed 42 benefits of EU membership and can post a second tier of benefits.

Sorry that you feel that you are not a beneficiary; I am, as are my family, friends and collegues. I certainly look to a more Trumpian, distopian future with real dread!

I was referring to the OP not any inequalities in the UK.  

Sorry I missed your list. No idea where it is?

6 hours ago, pitrevie said:

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

23 minutes ago, pitrevie said:

Are you saying that all brexit voters 'have issued death threats against their opponents/ have assassinated any of their opponents/have compared their opponents on this forum to a person who was convicted and executed for treason at the end of WW2.'?

Why is your argument now "well many were" in the case of brexit supporters, whilst giving a free-pass to remain supporters' insults?

Edited by dick dasterdly

Just now, dick dasterdly said:

Are you saying that all brexit voters 'have issued death threats against their opponents/ have assassinated any of their opponents/have compared their opponents on this forum to a person who was convicted and executed for treason at the end of WW2.'?

Why is it now "well many were" in the case of brexit supporters, whilst giving a free-pass to remain supporters' insults?

Where on earth do you get to that position from what I have said especially given the Will Self quote. Nobody ever said anything like that but the death threats came from the Brexit side directed against someone pursuing their democratic rights and against others involved in the legal case.  Just like the assassination of a British MP by a supporter of Brexit. The odious comparison of a TV member to someone who was convicted of treason at the end of WW2 also came from a Brexit supporter on this forum.

14 minutes ago, pitrevie said:

Where on earth do you get to that position from what I have said especially given the Will Self quote. Nobody ever said anything like that but the death threats came from the Brexit side directed against someone pursuing their democratic rights and against others involved in the legal case.  Just like the assassination of a British MP by a supporter of Brexit. The odious comparison of a TV member to someone who was convicted of treason at the end of WW2 also came from a Brexit supporter on this forum.

The 'death threats' (as reported by the individuals concerned, without any proof as far as I'm aware) turned out to be nothing.

Very sad when trying to blame all brexit supporters for the nutter that killed Jo Cox :sad:.

On the other hand we DO know that there have been MANY posts on this subject from remain supporters stating that leave voters are mostly fascist/racist/unintelligent/uneducated.

In short - the remain posters on these various threads have been FAR more abusive than those supporting leave.

7 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

The 'death threats' (as reported by the individuals concerned, without any proof as far as I'm aware) turned out to be nothing.

Very sad when trying to blame all brexit supporters for the nutter that killed Jo Cox :sad:.

On the other hand we DO know that there have been MANY posts on this subject from remain supporters stating that leave voters are mostly fascist/racist/unintelligent/uneducated.

In short - the remain posters on these various threads have been FAR more abusive than those supporting leave.

Note once again how you try to saddle me with a statement I never made, "very sad when trying to blame all brexit supporters for the nutter that killed Jo Cox" Try showing me where I made any such claim.

I also note you dismissed the incident of a Brexit supporter on this forum equating a Remain supporter to a WW2 person convicted of treason.

The most senior Supreme Court judge has opened the latest stage of the legal battle over Brexit with a warning about the threats and violence that have been directed at some of those involved in the case.

The City businesswoman — dubbed the “Brexit blocker” by some newspapers — has endured rape and death threats as she took on the government to argue parliament should have a say on the UK’s departure from the EU.

A second man has been arrested in relation to alleged threats against Brexit court campaigner Gina Miller.

Officers from the Metropolitan police’s Operation Falcon arrested the 50-year-old at an address in Knightsbridge, central London, on Wednesday morning on suspicion of racially aggravated malicious communications.

Eight people have already been issued with “cease and desist” notices by police which, according to the Met “advise recipients that continuing with their current actions or behaviour could result in police action”.

7 minutes ago, pitrevie said:

Note once again how you try to saddle me with a statement I never made, "very sad when trying to blame all brexit supporters for the nutter that killed Jo Cox" Try showing me where I made any such claim.

I also note you dismissed the incident of a Brexit supporter on this forum equating a Remain supporter to a WW2 person convicted of treason.

The most senior Supreme Court judge has opened the latest stage of the legal battle over Brexit with a warning about the threats and violence that have been directed at some of those involved in the case.

The City businesswoman — dubbed the “Brexit blocker” by some newspapers — has endured rape and death threats as she took on the government to argue parliament should have a say on the UK’s departure from the EU.

A second man has been arrested in relation to alleged threats against Brexit court campaigner Gina Miller.

Officers from the Metropolitan police’s Operation Falcon arrested the 50-year-old at an address in Knightsbridge, central London, on Wednesday morning on suspicion of racially aggravated malicious communications.

Eight people have already been issued with “cease and desist” notices by police which, according to the Met “advise recipients that continuing with their current actions or behaviour could result in police action”.

But you keep dragging out these examples to infer that anyone who supported leaving the EU could be some kind of racist assassin. Do us all a favour and leave it out!

3 minutes ago, nauseus said:

But you keep dragging out these examples to infer that anyone who supported leaving the EU could be some kind of racist assassin. Do us all a favour and leave it out!

Well not surprising that you should try to distort what I said. First its DD with his ALL now its you with ANYONE. Do us ALL a favour leave it out!!

19 minutes ago, pitrevie said:

Well not surprising that you should try to distort what I said. First its DD with his ALL now its you with ANYONE. Do us ALL a favour leave it out!!

Read it all properly for once! Your pacifier is on the window sill. 

When it started out as a "Common Market", that was a good idea,free trade,

now look what's it's morphed into,trying to control everyone's life,while the

populations have little say in what happens,I think it's all run for the benefits

of the bureaucrats, who are sucking on the tiits of its members,the amount  

of money that has been wasted through corruption and inefficacy is astounding  ! !

When the bureaucrats ,seeking more power and people to control,let the Eastern

Bloc countries join, that was a huge mistake, now they are talking that it's going

to be very tough for the UK, leaving the mess that is the EU, why are they going

to be very tough,because they are insecure and afraid others may be tempted to

leave,which would lead to the collapse ,and they would lose their cushy jobs 

with all the perks.

regards worgeordie

3 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Old? You forgot old.

Edited by Grouse

42 minutes ago, nauseus said:

The concerted campaign to blame Jo Cox's murder on brexit was about as low as political manipulation gets. As I said at the time, it's nothing more than political ambulance-chasing :bah:.

17 hours ago, oilinki said:

EU need to do internal reforms.

Now we are hopefully be able to do those. 

Wow, you are such an optimist. Nearly every time Britain tried to get reforms or concessions, it was considered a troublemaker and a bad EU member.  Would it be much to ask that the EU produces accounts just like every company in Europe has to do which are actually approved by its auditors?  I believe that the last 19 years' accounts have not been approved by the auditors.  I wonder why that is?  Perhaps laws which apply to all the companies in the 28 countries which are members of the EU do not apply to the EU itself, where corruption is known to be rife. 

"A third state, and that's what Britain will be, cannot and will not have at its disposal the same rights ... as members of the European Union," Merkel, the EU's most influential leader, told lawmakers.

Never liked Merkel and this is a perfect example of why. Now you've had your little temper tantrum and stamped your feet maybe you should sit down and have a lolly.  Wilfully ignorant, arrogant and condescending along with being intrinsically foolish. There is something called 'no <word> Sherlock syndrome' which is akin to the phrase 'can't see the wood for the trees'. She can't see why the UK decided to leave the EU and I know this because otherwise she would see just how devoid of reason and logic the statement (quoted) is. To be fair she is not alone in this as most of the other members of this <word>ty little unrepresentative body of useless biomass feel the same.....

Brexit: EU demands 'serious UK response' on citizens' rights

European Council President Donald Tusk has called on the UK to come up with a "serious response" on what will happen to EU citizens in Britain after Brexit.

"We need guarantees," he said in Brussels as 27 EU leaders backed the bloc's Brexit negotiating guidelines.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39755124

He might want to sit down on the same bench as Merkle and have a lolly too  They just don't get it for some reason, why the UK voted to leave the EU. I'm not surprised to be honest as they didn't get why countries such as the Netherlands and France strongly rejected the EU constitution. The same constitution that was renamed the Lisbon treaty (after being run through a spell checker) and then imposed on people without a vote.

I don't know who the <word> these people think they are but they need to wind their necks in. One thing I do know is that they believe is that EU citizens work for them and not that they actually work for the citizens. The word Muppets springs to mind.

16 hours ago, oilinki said:

This concludes in beautiful way, why we are happy that brexit was finally launched.

It was, after all, a cancer treatment for EU. It does hurt for an while, but later on life is better.

Strange then that the UK voted and is proceeding with a divorce, no matter what the cost, whereas the EU were extremely upset with the UK decision to leave.  Millions, like me, voted for Brexit, even though we all recognised that there would be, at the very least, a temporary cost, which in my case was about 18% of my total income.  

However, I do not regret my decision in any way, in fact the attitude of the so-called leaders of the EU (who incidentally would not want other countries to be allowed their own referenda)  since the Brexit decision was made only reinforces my opinion that what I did was right for the UK.  As an earlier poster correctly said, it is not all about money.  Although admittedly, unlikely,  a win by Marine Le Pen in the French election next week  would certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons and would cause absolute turmoil in the EU. 

12 minutes ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

Strange then that the UK voted and is proceeding with a divorce, no matter what the cost, whereas the EU were extremely upset with the UK decision to leave.  Millions, like me, voted for Brexit, even though we all recognised that there would be, at the very least, a temporary cost, which in my case was about 18% of my total income.  

However, I do not regret my decision in any way, in fact the attitude of the so-called leaders of the EU (who incidentally would not want other countries to be allowed their own referenda)  since the Brexit decision was made only reinforces my opinion that what I did was right for the UK.  As an earlier poster correctly said, it is not all about money.  Although admittedly, unlikely,  a win by Marine Le Pen in the French election next week  would certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons and would cause absolute turmoil in the EU. 

Very well put, and don't forget the day we leave, for a thousand years people will be saying 'this was our finest hour' ?

16 minutes ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

1 minute ago, vogie said:

Very well put, and don't forget the day we leave, for a thousand years people will be saying 'this was our finest hour' ?

Or "Those Brexiters sure had a gift for self-aggrandizement."