Police seek driver who knocked out power in Nongprue

Rimmer

Police seek driver who knocked out power in Nongprue

1239-NEWS13-PIC1.jpg

PATTAYA:--Power, telephone and cable-television service were knocked out April 19 after the Bangkok-registered Toyota Altis crashed into the utility poles on Soi Nong Krabok opposite of Srisuk Villa.

The car sustained critical damage, but the driver was nowhere to be found when police arrived.

Witnesses said the car was speeding and driver apparently lost control, hitting one post. When it fell, it took down another. The car careened off the utility pole and hit a water pipe.

The driver, they said, staggered out of the car and fled on foot.

Source: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/police-seek-driver-knocked-power-nongprue-171968

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2017-04-28

No 'citizen's arrests' allowed here then? Oh no, never get involved.

I must be getting a bit cynical though, because I was almost amused to read that it was the driver who lost control for a change, not the vehicle.

Hey ho. another day in paradise.

Edited by Moonlover

7 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I must be getting a bit cynical though, because I was almost amused to read that it was the driver who lost control for a change, not the vehicle.

But ... when the driver reports in to police after sobering up, it MIGHT be a different story!!!

16 hours ago, Moonlover said:

8 hours ago, Commogwinto said:

But ... when the driver reports in to police after sobering up, it MIGHT be a different story!!!

It's possible that I caused a bit of confusion with my previous post.

In the UK a 'citizen's arrest' refers to a situation where a suspect is apprehended by a member of the public, rather than an authorized policeman or similar authority.

What I was alluding to was that there seem to have been a number of witnesses to this incident, yet no one attempted to prevent the driver from 'fleeing the scene'.

No 'have a go' heroes here it seems.

Edited by Moonlover