Fly high before you even leave the ground

Fly high before you even leave the ground

By The Nation

c68894521565a04d1a782758988c0d69-sld.jpeg

Passengers can now enjoy even greater levels of comfort, hospitality and convenience at the new Emirates Airport Lounge at Suvarnabhumi Airport.

All Emirates First Class and Business Class passengers, as well as Platinum and Gold Skywards members, have complimentary access to the new lounge, which has an increased seating capacity of 202, and will serve approximately 450 customers per day. 

Bangkok’s bigger and better lounge is the latest to benefit from Emirates’ Bt12 billion-plus ongoing investment in upgrading and refurbishing its 41 dedicated Airport Lounges around the world. Completed at a cost of Bt76.4 million to better serve Emirates’ expanding customer base, the new Bangkok Lounge ensures travellers enjoy a seamless and enjoyable journey where they are able to rest or work from the moment they start their travel to the moment they arrive at their destination.

Designed in line with Emirates’ new contemporary and fresh lounge concept, with bespoke artwork and furnishings, the Bangkok Lounge offers a relaxing ambience and a pleasant view of the Airport Garden at the West Wing. Customers have access to Emirates’ range of award-winning services, including comfortable leather armchairs, LED TVs, a dedicated dining area with a choice of bar seating, and complimentary hot and cold gourmet buffet featuring local and international dishes and an extensive beverage service, including premium champagnes and wines. 

The Bangkok Lounge also has toilet and shower facilities, a prayer room, a fully equipped business centre with state-of-the-art touch screen workstations and complimentary Wi-Fi and, of course, dedicated lounge staff to complete Emirates’ trademark lounge experience.

Emirates offers seven flights per day from Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi International Airport to Dubai International Airport, six of which are served by the Airbus A380 and one via Boeing 777.

For information and ticket reservations, visit www.emirates.com/th or call (02) 664 1040.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/travel/getaways/30313672

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-4-28

Slightly amused at Emirates calling their program "Skywards."  The term "wards" brings to mind the definition "one legally incapable of managing his own affairs."  Sky wards?  Sure, I'll mingle with them in some swanky airline lounge.  :whistling:

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/29/2017 at 11:51 AM, jerojero said:

Well the majority on this forum gotta check it out. After all, we all fly 1st class!

Yeah.  I haven't sprung for first class yet, but I did give up on coach several years ago.  Just too many things I couldn't control.  Large people on both sides of me, can't guarantee the seat location, so often a crying baby that just makes the 13 hours from LAX to Taiepei miserable, the rush and crowd to board, fight for overhead storage space even though I only bring one smallish carryon.  Not to mention the seat size, lack of big recline, etc.  So since 2010 I have flown EVA Premium Elite class. Gosh what a value.  Significantly larger seats that recline more, separate walkup check in counter, no crowding on boarding or getting off.  Never seen a crying toddler in that section yet.  You get to pick the seat you want.  Stewardes's are much more friendly and I don't blame them.  Not that we are any better than coach people, but they get worn down serving the masses.  The seat class literally makes the flight a measurable part of the fun of the trip.  Take the midnight flight from LAX, get 4 or 5 hours sleep then the first meal.  catch a film.  Sleep some more.  Easy transfer in Taiwan.  Then the 3 hour flight to BKK.  When the dust clears it is 1130 am in Bangkok.  Nice if taking local transport.