Sending a fax to America (Calling Code Needed)

westbounder

Hi,

I need to send a fax to America but I do not know the correct sequence of numbers to dial.

I have already tried twice but they never received it in America.

After I inserted the Code for calling out of Thailand I then put in the #1 for calling America, then followed by the fax number (3 digit area code and the 7 digit number).

Can anyone see what I am doing wrong and help me with this?

Thank You

What international code are you dialling? Anything other than 001 may not work with fax tones.

If you call the number from a regular phone (or the handset on the fax) do you get a ring tone followed by the typical fax squeal?

I must admit its ages since I've sent a fax. It used to be a case of only 001 worked to get out of Thailand for faxes when there were other numbers that were supposedly cheaper like 009 etc

Also if there is a zero on the front of the area code you need to leave it off for example to UK if the area code is 0555 then you use just 555

have you tried dialing the number and checking if they have a fax signal ?

Until the OP tells us how he is trying to send a fax we really can't remotely diagnose his problem 

Is he using a dedicated fax machine ?  Or a computer program using Windows built in FAX program and a modem ?

Is he trying to send it via the VOIP (voice over internet protocol) or is he using a land line telephone  ?

There are internet based fax services that are very cheap or even free to USA - that is what I used before my insurance provided online claim submission service.  Below is the service I used and had very good service from them using both free and paid service.

https://faxzero.com/

((these just require a scan - no fax machine needed))

Edited by lopburi3

34 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

There are internet based fax services that are very cheap or even free to USA - that is what I used before my insurance provided online claim submission service.  Below is the service I used and had very good service from them using both free and paid service.

https://faxzero.com/

((these just require a scan - no fax machine needed))

I, too, use FaxZero as a free method to send faxes to the U.S.   While they have a limit on the number of faxes per day and the number of attachments/pages per fax, you probably can get around that by sending multiple faxes.  Maybe label them at the top  1 OF 3 FAXES, 2 OF 3 FAXES, ETC.

11 minutes ago, noise said:

I, too, use FaxZero as a free method to send faxes to the U.S.   While they have a limit on the number of faxes per day and the number of attachments/pages per fax, you probably can get around that by sending multiple faxes.  Maybe label them at the top  1 OF 3 FAXES, 2 OF 3 FAXES, ETC.

And the paid service is only $1.99 per fax of up to 25 pages - so quite reasonable for anyone having a PayPal account.

I just go to Buddy Internet across from KSK mall and let them handle it.  Just tell them the fax number and country.  Let them figure out the country code and dialing sequence.  Sure it's 50 baht/page, but never had a problem with reception of faxes sent via this route.

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

aha ... i see.    so a fax should be   ...   + country code - area code -  fax number     ??

If using a fax machine and have already dialed the overseas access code, then yes.  If using an on line service like FaxZero, then it is only the area code and fax number for faxes to the U.S.