High Cholesterol

malcolminthemiddle

The hoax of the century is cholesterol. My parents are still living and have been married for 61 years. They eat the same meals in the same amounts everyday. My dad has had one heart attack and his average cholesterol is 137. My Mom has never had a heart attack and she takes zokor to keep her cholesterol below 300. You can't get a better controlled experiment on this subject. I keep asking my Mom why she takes the Zokor and she keeps saying because she has high cholesterol. Bless her heart, she always believes what the doctor tell her.

• 14 years later...

Even after so many years, it's still relevant.

Oats and oat bran, salads, steamed veg. Lean meat, grilled fish No dairy (cheese, milk butter). Use soy or almond milk as a replacement. Added Chia seeds chick peas to salads.

It gets boring, but it did lower my cholesterol.

Edited by phetphet

You know you have a life threatening condition or potential to have one... and you go on a monger board for medical advice???   Good luck with that...

Personally, I do Keto, and track carb intake... limited to 15-20gm carbs/day...  Also do intermittent fasting... My numbers have all reversed and are all in the good range now...  It's not a temp "diet"... It's a lifestyle change...

I think the moderation crowd and the "It;s ok to cheat" crowd are all setting you up to fail...

On 2/3/2007 at 3:27 PM, Pakboong said:

The hoax of the century is cholesterol. My parents are still living and have been married for 61 years. They eat the same meals in the same amounts everyday. My dad has had one heart attack and his average cholesterol is 137. My Mom has never had a heart attack and she takes zokor to keep her cholesterol below 300. You can't get a better controlled experiment on this subject. I keep asking my Mom why she takes the Zokor and she keeps saying because she has high cholesterol. Bless her heart, she always believes what the doctor tell her.

Long time they said that you should avoid food with high Cholesterol like eggs. In the meantime they have learnt that it is not that easy. But this lack of knowledge didn't stop them to treat endless people the wrong way simply to make money.

There were many hoaxes and there are still many. Perhaps one of the biggest ever was the vitamin C hoax. Suddenly they could produce vitamin C but they didn't know how to make money with it. What followed was a gigantic worldwide vitamin C hoax where pharmaceutical companies and doctors worked together to create a demand for it. Just 1 example that shows that they don't care so much about your health but more about their financial health. 

Behold! A thread resurrection.

Cholesterol control isn't that simple. You can eat a 100% cholesterol free diet and still have high cholesterol because your liver actually manufactures it.

Don't fall for the detox hoax. The only circumstance that detox is a medical term is on drug overdoses.

Our bodies have evolved over millions of years to get rid of waste products, you don't need to eat, or drink anything to aid it. The body can only get rid of toxins in five ways. Via lungs, skin, defecation, urination and vomiting.

• Like 1