Car Fares from Pattaya to Bangkok

sharecropper

I have used the same guy for about 13 years but recently all his prices (or the prices of the people he subs the jobs on to) have gone up. IMO, they are now out of whack for the journeys. They are all cars, not taxis.

Now he's charging:

1, 200 baht to and from Suvarnhabhumi (they pay tollway - wow).

1,500 for any pickup inside Bangkok (so could be Nana Hotel or Makkasan) to Jomtien.

1,800 from Jomtien to Don Mueang.

Anyone else experienced price hikes recently?

Uber has promotion for 1400 and they pay all tolls and supplement driver loosing $ to make this possible and that route popular . The promotions been going on since they started service in Chonburi area . That's from anywhere in Chonburi or Jomtien area to any area of Bangkok flat fare [emoji106]

Great rate do they pay tolls ? Feel a bit sad for the driver who is paid possibly so little after tolls and MT's fee is deducted . Hope after your ride the driver has a customer back too [emoji6]

10 hours ago, willyumcr said:

I just received email from Mr.T answering my question on fare from Jomtien to Bangkok (Asoke). 1,200 each way include tolls. Same fare as a year ago.

Great info. Thanks. I'll pm you for his contact details when I'm back in Thailand.